HAA Wagon Plan/Drawing Book

matruck

Howdy All,

One of my first post's here so I sincerely hope I have placed it in the correct spot, As the title suggests I am after a good quality drawing/plan for the HAA wagon please. Now I have found this book online https://www.amazon.co.uk/Air-Braked-Wagons-Colour-David-Ratcliffe/dp/0711034605/ref=pd_sbs_14_9?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=0711034605&pd_rd_r=af6006b9-4388-11e9-8fc6-2bca7a965228&pd_rd_w=WfzV6&pd_rd_wg=w8qzG&pf_rd_p=18edf98b-139a-41ee-bb40-d725dd59d1d3&pf_rd_r=0QMYAPEDHYSFQHNYP2BT&psc=1&refRID=0QMYAPEDHYSFQHNYP2BT

Would any Modelers here happen to have this book and doe's it actually cover the HAA ?, I have sum rather basic drawings from the Barrowmore Modeling site but I was hoping to find sum thing with a lot more detail incuded,

This would be for a Train Sim but if I was to get that far with sum help then I have no problem sharing the mesh to another modeler here who could take it further in producing an actual model from it ( If that is actually possible ).

Thank you for any help folk's.

Cheers Mick. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Mick,

The David Radcliffe book covers the HAA but no drawings.

Anyway - the book you need is by David Monk-Steel from HMRS - Merry Go Round on the rails.

See attached pdf for more info.

I thought I had seen the HAA in TrainSim already?

Thanks

Phil H

1036.pdf

Edited by Scottish Modeller
To add pdf
  • Informative/Useful 1

I believe this book has the drawings in.

https://hmrs.org.uk/publications/books/books-in-print/merry-go-round-on-the-rails.html

There is also a PDF with drawings on that page, but I don't know what the copyright situation is with using it to use on a train simulator.

Best not to share it without permission as the HMRS have a presence on this forum. But personal use would possibly be fine.

Jason

Thank you very much for the quick reply's fella's, Phil there are a couple of HAA for the Sim Trainz but they were made for a version many years ago so I'd like to try my hand at making an updated model with texture's. Jason it wont be shared around or it isn't to make money from but I will check out what permissions are required if and when I can get that far with it.

I just joined HMRS and purchased the book so I'm pleased I can now make a start when it arrives in Aus, Thank you both very much once again for your help.

Cheers Mick.

• 2 weeks later...

Get a copy of.......

Model Railway Constructor Annual 1987

Edited by Chris Leigh (dibber25 of this parish)

ISBN 0-7110-1634-8

pps 21-36 therein are devoted to an article entitled;

"BR air braked coal hopper wagons" by

Messrs Monk-Steel, Bartlett (also of this parish) and Mann.

The article follows the development and use of the HAA hoppers and contains three scale drawings of various HAA variations, with each drawing having side and end elevations, and plan. These drawings are in the usual MRC 'Datafile' format, by Trevor Mann.

For good measure, the HBA/HEA hoppers are also dealt with, and drawn

Second hand copies surface regularly and I paid £2 for mine, more than a bargain for this article alone.

Brian R.

Edited by br2975
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, br2975 said:

Get a copy of.......

Model Railway Constructor Annual 1987

Edited by Chris Leigh (dibber25 of this parish)

ISBN 0-7110-1634-8

pps 21-36 therein are devoted to an article entitled;

"BR air braked coal hopper wagons" by

Messrs Monk-Steel, Bartlett (also of this parish) and Mann.

The article follows the development and use of the HAA hoppers and contains three scale drawings of various HAA variations, with each drawing having side and end elevations, and plan. These drawings are in the usual MRC 'Datafile' format, by Trevor Mann.

For good measure, the HBA/HEA hoppers are also dealt with, and drawn

Second hand copies surface regularly and I paid £2 for mine, more than a bargain for this article alone.

Brian R.

Do not use the drawing in this book, the ends of the hopper tubs aren't tapered, unlike the newer book where it is corrected.

Nevertheless, some good information in it.

Mike.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Mike and Brian I only just received my Merry-Go-Round on the Rails book from the UK yesterday in the mail and I was very impressed with the packaging as it was pouring rain here when it arrived and it would of been sitting in the letter box most of the day ( Living on a rural property so we have a large old milk urn as a letter box ) But inside the well wrapped sturdy envelope the book was also inside another nice plastic wrap,

But most impressive of all was the nice handwritten note from one of the Volunteer's  thanking me for buying from HMRS ( I would like to mention the young lady's name here but wont in case she does not wish to be named or it is against forum policy.

Sum of the larger companies could do well in buying sum thing from HMRS and see how well and professional posting content should be handled I think lol, Probably a bit over the top in this day and age I suppose but I'll certainly be buying from them again in the near future I just wish I had of bought two books so I could save one in a glass case still in it's original wrapping lol.

Cheers Mick.