Wolverhampton West Park - A run down city terminus

turtlebah

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, TheSignalEngineer said:

The main line side had small windows downstairs. Any details of the back?

Afraid not: I really should have been more observant 41 years ago but I didn’t realise how important it would become. :o

Paul.

• Funny 2

• 5 months later...
6 hours ago, Melangoose said:

Fantastic pictures as always.

It’s nice to have you back.

Thanks, Melangoose.

I thought when I started this thread back in March 2019 that West Park would have made its exhibition debut by now… :lol:

So much still to do to get anywhere close to the finish line.

• Friendly/supportive 3

On 09/09/2021 at 09:00, Calidore said:

Nice to see this back @turtlebah. Personally I think the grass on the platform looks great -- especially where you've got some of it running along the join lines between the paving stones. Very nice!

Adam

Thanks, Adam.  Hopefully i'll actually get around to doing some more modelling soon ^_^

16 hours ago, 73c said:

You jest, but minus the magnifying glass that might actually be super useful for my factory warehouse roof!  Thanks again!  :lol:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry for the lack of updates!  It’s been a busy year or so.

Sadly West Park was dismantled due to a house move, but rest assured the track, buildings and other bits and pieces were preserved.  I’ve got some new baseboards on delivery from Tim horn and hope to get cracking on Wolverhampton West Park Pt 2 in the next few weeks.  Can’t wait to get started.

Edited by turtlebah
  • Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 4

On 19/03/2023 at 07:58, turtlebah said:

Sorry for the lack of updates!  It’s been a busy year or so.

Sadly West Park was dismantled due to a house move, but rest assured the track, buildings and other bits and pieces were preserved.  I’ve got some new baseboards on delivery from Tim horn and hope to get cracking on Wolverhampton West Park Pt 2 in the next few weeks.  Can’t wait to get started.

Sorry to hear that the layout has been dismantled, however I am looking forward the new layout and updates 

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

On 20/03/2023 at 10:49, Liam_uk said:

Sorry to hear that the layout has been dismantled, however I am looking forward the new layout and updates 

Likewise, so sorry to hear the passing of the original layout, but look forward to seeing all about Part 2

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1