The forum software has been updated to a new version - further work on appearance and function will be carried out over the next day or so.

turtlebah

Wolverhampton West Park - A run down city terminus

The class 121 en route to Bridgenorth is waiting for a clear road out of West Park.  Unfortunately the passengers might be waiting a while as there appears to be an obstruction on the line holding up the retaining wall!

80D448CE-5B83-4C38-A2E1-A4423D64B98F.jpeg.fc05d236fdb2f26b2266b9d0b2ec1142.jpeg

• Like 12

Hi @turtlebah, I was just here to look again at something I'd remembered you featuring in a previous post. So while I'm at it, is there any news to report from West Park? I love the sense of scale in the photo above, by the way -- the huge starting signal looming over the platform, and the even bigger buildings rising behind it make for a wonderful scene.

Hope all is well.

Adam

On 04/07/2020 at 15:52, Calidore said:

Hi @turtlebah, I was just here to look again at something I'd remembered you featuring in a previous post. So while I'm at it, is there any news to report from West Park? I love the sense of scale in the photo above, by the way -- the huge starting signal looming over the platform, and the even bigger buildings rising behind it make for a wonderful scene.

Hope all is well.

Adam

Hi Adam,

Rest assured all is well and thank you for the message.  A hot summer does not lend itself to being stuck in an attic bedroom working with enamel paints, and so with that in mind I’ve taken a bit of a hiatus from West Park.  West Park is still up and operational and now autumn is fast approaching i hope to get back to it soon.

I’ve also been on shared parental leave from work so looking after a 10 month old full time leaves little mental space for modelling.  I’ve spend most of my summer free time on the River Lea trying to catch barbel :D

I’ve just ordered one of the superb Bachmann Class 117 dmus, which although wouldn’t have been seen a West Park until around 10 years after closure, is just too lovely not to run.

Hopefully the next month or so will yield some modelling results.  Fingers crossed.

Edited by turtlebah
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

After a couple of months off work to look after my little daughter whilst my partner finished her maternity leave I’m nearing my own return date for work.  With the little one settling in at nursery I’ve got next week off to sort out the railway room, which will now have to double as a home office.  It’s unlikely that I’ll be commuting into central London on a regular basis anytime soon.

A few goodies turned up in the post curtesy of TMC this week.  I’ll be posting some videos sometime next week hopefully with a short running session.  I’ve not made any real progress on the layout and tried to have a running session this morning, but given that i haven’t touched the layout for 3 months it needs a bloody good clean up first (so much poor running).

I did manage to get this lovely shot of Abergavenny Castle on a short formation TPO portion for Oxford.

768A8FC4-4CD3-46E7-A206-39BDFDB82390.jpeg.384017ad53162985e67820b09bc1ed73.jpeg

• Like 14