Planned Farish release schedule April 2019 - January 2020

lindi

1 hour ago, jpendle said:

As things stand, by the time we get the CL150 and CL319 in the latest Northern livery they'll all have been withdrawn on the real railway.

Probably.

;-)

But they'll be more historic, rarer and possibly in greater demand, so get your pre-orders in now.

On 04/11/2019 at 16:20, Crepello said:

I'm wondering if there'll be anything new announced in January. Is it too early to start the frothing?

Definitely too early to start frothing and based on the lack of new tool N models announced at the start of this year probably not a lot of point either. I would personally suggest that with the existing backlog of models to deliver there is very little point in adding much to it and our expectations need to be managed accordingly.

Roy

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

With the ongoing slow progress on reworking chassis for sound, aside from maybe tooling up a decent 25/3 whilst they are working on the chassis, I can't see much new being announced.

I can think of plenty of new products I like to see produced but there's little point of wish list frothing here - it won't help them be considered for production. However, I'd like to see some speeding up of the development of products previously announced to get them closer to release.

In the meantime I'll get on with sone modelling to make the things I most urgently want.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

I suspect 2020 will bring the same as 2019 - a couple of new wagons, reliveries and price rises. Hopefully it'll also get some of the long awaited models to get into the shops...

Personally, I'm more interested in what Sonic have planed.

It would be great to see a 20'9" WB van (VAA, VBA, VCA, VDA) or a shrunken Kernow PRA to add some more interest to Speedlink trains. I've still got plenty to work on as I've about 35 wagons to scratch build as can't see any of them being produced any time soon (conical ended TTA bitumen tanks, acetic acid tanks & PAB Pet'Coke hoppers).

Steven B.

• Like 1

Just for the record Farish are not slowing down N gauge development but announcing products later in the production development line. So instead of seeing photos of the real things in the catalogue we will see samples of the model, this means less time between announcement and delivery but only because the announcement is delayed.

Chances are we will soon be back to the days of Dapol Vs Farish B1 and Voyager as they won't know what each other is planning

2 hours ago, Ed-farms said:

Just for the record Farish are not slowing down N gauge development but announcing products later in the production development line. So instead of seeing photos of the real things in the catalogue we will see samples of the model, this means less time between announcement and delivery but only because the announcement is delayed.

Chances are we will soon be back to the days of Dapol Vs Farish B1 and Voyager as they won't know what each other is planning

Less time between announcement and release is definitely what they said two or three years ago, but there hasn't in reality been any significant change as yet as far as I can see. It is most definitely the case that we are no longer seeing the same levels of N gauge releases as we were five or so years back so there is no question that things have (some would say inevitably) slowed down in the last few years. To a great extent (and to be fair to Bachmann) those models that we have seen (such as C Class, Class 40 and Castle) have though been innovative and of the utmost quality.

Bachmann have said there are a number of unannounced items they are working on, but as far as I am aware they haven't disclosed any more than that so there is no information as to how much of the work in progress will or will not be N Gauge unless there has been a release or announcement I have missed? It would be nice to see some N releases announced that are further along in the development cycle but I for one will not expect that much and that way I won't be disappointed.

Roy

• Agree 3

I agree with all you say Roy, but I can't help letting my heart take over from my head and hope (some days I don't think I've grown up at all:lol_mini2:) that they announce soon that they have scaled down the OO class 90 and do it to the high quality some of the latest farish models have been. Maybe I'll be disappointed but it's nice to dream. Anyway even if the class 90 doesn't happen, a lot of the already announced but not yet released stuff like Intercity mk2s and NSE 319s will keep me smiling. 

All the best

Dave

Edited by DavidMcKenzie
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

They haven't announced anything but I'd be surprised if they didn't go back and amend the tooling for a sound fitted 37 at some point in the future. They have stated they intend to add space for sound in more of their models over time. 

Tom. 

• Like 1

I'd like the green class 37/0, which is probably just a re-release.  I got a "never used, just test run" one from the Bay of Thieves today but most of the directional lighting is non-functional (I get tail lights only, in one direction only...25% working!), so it's going straight back.  Must have been a very brief test run.

2 hours ago, John M Upton said:

Is it just me or is anyone else unable to get the 'Availability' page to work on the Bachmann website?  Trying to find out when the new Class 31's might appear!!

It hasn't been working since Saturday. What is doubly annoying is that it was updated on Friday afternoon/evening for the first time since September.

• Informative/Useful 1

Guess I shouldn't have been surprised, but still disappointing that the 2Fs are going to be shuffled later. Thanks for posting the photo. Even though it's 'bad news' as it were, it saves me having to watch out for them, or anything from Farish by the looks of it. No 31s, no virgin or RES 47, no mainline 37. I should stop getting so excited when they announce things and wait until they turn up in the shops I suppose.  

All the best

Dave

Edited by DavidMcKenzie
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, bigP said:

Best guess for them was Q4 2020.

Very disappointing news about the 2Fs. Q4 2020 now means they pass through another annual price rise and based on past performance I can easily see it being 2021 before they hit the shelves. Ho-hum......

Still, with other stuff on the horizon from RevolutioN at least the wallet will be happy. 

Tom.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, bigP said:

Note also the absence of the 2F coaches.  Asked a couple of Bachmann staff about that and was told they haven’t gone into production yet, giving way to other products, and are back at ‘TBA’.  Best guess for them was Q4 2020.

These have had quite a long gestation period. I went back to see when they were originally announced but I stopped when I got as far as the last ice age. Seriously though, the pictures indicate they will be worth the wait. 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

I thought Bachmann had got factory capacity sorted and were going to be speeding up production  and delivery?  They were making a lot of noise about that a while ago but we seem to have gone the other way and the trickle has all but ground to a halt.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

The continued delay of some key Farish products / projects (mk2F, 319, TPE 350) is really disappointing - it’s really starting to feel that the Farish range is the ‘poor relation’ of the Bachmann stable.... :sad_mini2:

At least in terms of modern image, 2019 feels like it’s been a really lean year in N gauge - I didn’t get to Warley, so I don’t know what Dapol are up to in N at the moment, but I didn’t read anything salient online about product announcements or advances from them either.

In fact, if it weren’t for RevolutioN (at least in terms of announcements), there isn’t much to celebrate. Perhaps Ben and Mike are starting to make serious in-roads into market share?.... as it stands, the through-put in modern image N gauge from RevolutioN is what is capturing my interest....

.... speaking of which, I noticed elsewhere that the order book on the KUA is now open - happy days - at least that is one thing to be glad for :yahoo_mini: !!!

Lets hope 2020 turns out to be a bumper year :clapping_mini:

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Western Aviator said:

These have had quite a long gestation period. I went back to see when they were originally announced but I stopped when I got as far as the last ice age. Seriously though, the pictures indicate they will be worth the wait. 

It was Feb 2013 when they were first announced so it will be well over seven years, when the the MK2f's are finally released. To be honest I am getting really pissed off with these constantly being delayed. I thought that the waiting might finally be over when Bachmann released the release dates, but now it seems that they have moved the winning line again. They are such an important part of modelling the 80s and it's not as if there are any alternatives unless you want to pay daft prices for old Farish ones on Ebay.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

I think the recent posts here have been a fair reflection on the situation. It is commendable that Farish (& Dapol to an extent) have ceased making large announcements every year - promises they can't keep -  but this change in policy a few years ago was ostensibly to allow them to concentrate on delivering projects. It may be an illusion, but it doesn't feel like the delivery situation has improved in that respect. Despite delivering well received models in the Class 40 and C Class for example, we still seem to be waiting just as long if not longer for items to come to market. With Kader running their own factories, it seems to suggest that Farish within the group is viewed as a very very low priority; although Bachman Branchline also seem to have their problems bringing items to market in OO.

Personally I'm fortunate in that ,aside from a few tens of Mk1 Maroon coaches, I don't need that much now for my layout. But a new batch of Mk1 Maroons (I really need BSKs the most) doesn't seem to be anywhere on the horizon. Ditto Maroon Thompsons. I'll take a few more 40s when they are re-released in green, but they are nice to haves, as is the 8F on order, rather than essential to what I want to do with my model railway.

It is all rather frustrating though.

It is wonderful for sectorisation and post privatisation modellers what RevolutioN are doing for the hobby, and the attention they give to the modern N Gauger is fantastic, but there's a little piece of me that wishes I had they had the time, desire and confidence in the market to start making Maroon coaches and green DMUs!

Best

Scott.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, montyburns56 said:

They are such an important part of modelling the 80s and it's not as if there are any alternatives unless you want to pay daft prices for old Farish ones on Ebay.

You've got me wondering what my 4 rakes are worth with comments like that.....

1 hour ago, scottystitch said:

It is wonderful for sectorisation and post privatisation modellers what RevolutioN are doing for the hobby, and the attention they give to the modern N Gauger is fantastic, but there's a little piece of me that wishes I had they had the time, desire and confidence in the market to start making Maroon coaches and green DMUs!

They tried transition era stuff early on and found take-up slow and/or poor. The Type B tanks eventually made it though...