Planned Bachmann release schedule April 2019 - January 2020

lindi

• Moderators
13 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Still no mention of the 94xx, not that I was expecting there to be one.

You will be able to see the EP samples in the Bachmann Collectors' Club at Alexanadra Palace if a) you go and b) you are a member.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Andy; this is good and hopeful news.  I'm not a member (never really thought of my self as a collector), but I'm sure one of you guys'll post a photo to reassure me that something's actually happening!  

We could be looking at release some time next year with a bit of a following wind...

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, The Black Hat said:

Interesting how the class 158 slips into next year, but only just. It would not take much for them to be delayed beyond the date just announced so that by Easter 2020, they are still being waited for.

Completely agree with this. For the past few years since I started following the Bachmann website on updates on release schedules/delivery dates I have noticed that every year some items that are due in January and February are then delayed until March/April. This year for example 57302 in DRS Compass and 57312 in Northern Belle were due in January/February but now the delivery of 57302 has been postponed until April and 57312 is not shown on the above list. I can easily see the 158s slipping back until April 2020. 

This post is not about me been negative towards Bachmann, it's just been realistic with regards to delivery dates. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Completely agree with this. For the past few years since I started following the Bachmann website on updates on release schedules/delivery dates I have noticed that every year some items that are due in January and February are then delayed until March/April. This year for example 57302 in DRS Compass and 57312 in Northern Belle were due in January/February but now the delivery of 57302 has been postponed until April and 57312 is not shown on the above list. I can easily see the 158s slipping back until April 2020. 

This post is not about me been negative towards Bachmann, it's just been realistic with regards to delivery dates. 

I can accept that models will be delayed for a variety of reasons, but what does irritate me is when a model slips from January to February is that the annual price rise will be applied. This has even happened to some models that have been reported as in transit from China for a couple of months, so presumably Bachmann has "paid" Kader at the original cost based on which the retail price was set. Hornby does at least announce a price and sticks to it even if the delivery date slips a bit. It would be nice if Bachmann did the same.

Edited by brushman47544
  • Agree 7

I have been right through that list and, to my surprise, this is the first time in a long time that I have NO Bachmann on order! That's not a reflection on them, (although I am still sulking about 2 B1's I have found with helter-skelters for wheels), but more a case that I have enough already, and they've just not hit the right notes for me! We shall see what comes next year. 

6 hours ago, Connor43002 said:

When the website updated yesterday I noticed some of the items changed from 'TBA' to 'on order', anyone know what the difference is?

I asked Bachmann that question some time ago and was told they mean the same thing. It is just a change of status internally within Bachmann.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

September for the WCRC Class 37 suits me fine. Just in time for my birthday. Now to see how many I need for renumbering. Research time! By the by, any samples of it on display at Ally Pally? 

• RMweb Premium
On 19/03/2019 at 09:54, brushman47544 said:

I can accept that models will be delayed for a variety of reasons, but what does irritate me is when a model slips from January to February is that the annual price rise will be applied. This has even happened to some models that have been reported as in transit from China for a couple of months, so presumably Bachmann has "paid" Kader at the original cost based on which the retail price was set. Hornby does at least announce a price and sticks to it even if the delivery date slips a bit. It would be nice if Bachmann did the same.

If I'm honest I didn't notice about the price increase. Although, yes I do agree after knowing now that it is annoying. The price of a model should be honoured alike what Hornby offer. I still don't understand what has happened to the 57/3s. They seem to keep slipping off the radar, which is a shame that the delivery dates continue to be pushed back. Although when they do arrive I am sure that they will be superb models. 

• RMweb Premium
On 24/03/2019 at 20:23, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

I still don't understand what has happened to the 57/3s. 

Since we’re about to get a new Collectors Club DRS 57/3, I would imagine that the other awaited versions will appear shortly too.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, delticfan said:

No surprises there then from the excellent Bachmann customer service dept!

What has your experience been with Bachmann's customer service, out of interest?

• RMweb Premium
On 31/03/2019 at 10:04, brushman47544 said:

Since we’re about to get a new Collectors Club DRS 57/3, I would imagine that the other awaited versions will appear shortly too.

You're spot on. Rails have announced that 57302 and 57312 are due to arrive soon. So it looks as though it was an error at Bachmann that 57312 had been omitted from the delivery/arrival lists. 

Will you be buying the Collectors Club 57307?