Planned Bachmann release schedule April 2019 - January 2020

lindi

Now available - L/L Blue 37 012 Loch Rannoch.   Looks very smart indeed with the Dark Grey roof and Yellow cant rail stripes.  Worthy of note  the Black band around the top edge of the front cab windows, unlike L/L 37 401 etc, has been applied correctly to this model.

According to the info I have to hand, 37 012 and a handful of other 37/0's were painted with this version of L/L livery during 1985 at ED, but apparently with Black roofs.  Anyone know for sure which colour was used/ is correct ? 

Thanks to Derails for the excellent service/price and speedy FREE delivery - recommended - would use again in the future...............

DSC02473.JPG

DSC02474.JPG

• Like 3

On 12/04/2019 at 14:37, tractor_37260 said:

Now available - L/L Blue 37 012 Loch Rannoch.   Looks very smart indeed with the Dark Grey roof and Yellow cant rail stripes.  Worthy of note  the Black band around the top edge of the front cab windows, unlike L/L 37 401 etc, has been applied correctly to this model.

According to the info I have to hand, 37 012 and a handful of other 37/0's were painted with this version of L/L livery during 1985 at ED, but apparently with Black roofs.  Anyone know for sure which colour was used/ is correct ? 

Thanks to Derails for the excellent service/price and speedy FREE delivery - recommended - would use again in the future...............

DSC02473.JPG

DSC02474.JPG

Just ordered mine from Derails , looks like i got the last one as it's now showing out of stock , was gonna get it from Rails but it appears all theirs are now pre-sold , honestly wish i could have afforded to buy several more as bases for other Scottish beasties , now do i sell my fishing gear or not lol

Hi everyone

We, the Class 37 Locomotive Group still have a few 37012's left, if you are still looking. All proceeds go towards the restoration of D6703/37003 at UKRL at Leicester

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153449440842?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649  32-790A  £144.45  Seven left in stock

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163646932495?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649  32-790ADS  £220.95  Five left in stock

Many thanks

Philip

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/03/2019 at 10:47, GreenGiraffe22 said:

Currently £144.50 at Rails. =) 

Yeah. I caved. Not least because South Foreland is close to where I was born and raised, so it's 'significant'. 'Tis a thing of beauty...the model, that is.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Waiting for 9487 early crest 94xx pannier, still 'TBA' despite pre-production models being in existence.  I'm now assuming not for at least 12 months if then, which will mean a different approach to buying other stuff while I save up for this.

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Waiting for 9487 early crest 94xx pannier, still 'TBA' despite pre-production models being in existence.  I'm now assuming not for at least 12 months if then, which will mean a different approach to buying other stuff while I save up for this.

You might be being unduly pessimistic. TBA may just mean production depends on how long it takes to sign off the pre-production models, so no firm date yet for production.

2 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

You might be being unduly pessimistic. TBA may just mean production depends on how long it takes to sign off the pre-production models, so no firm date yet for production.

According to the Bachmann magazine they are at the Livery Artwork stage and it's not like they are difficult liveries.

Jason

• RMweb Gold

Yes, I’m ever-hopeful, but if some models are reckoned to be available from April next year it sounds sensible to assume that a TBA for the 94xx puts it at May earliest, not far off a full year away.  Encouraging to hear that we are at the livery artwork stage, but a model produced in China is subject to delays finding production slots in the assembly facilities, a matter not directly under Bachmann’s control.  It’ll be here when it gets here.  

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, No Decorum said:

Pensions should have a quadruple lock, not a triple lock. The fourth, of course, a lock to Bachmannˆs average price increases.

Which would index link me to Chinese wage increases.  Oh, well...

Actually, while I don't want to pay more than I'm already being asked for for my 94xx, I don't really object all that strongly.  Chinese people work hard for a better life, and I have no intention of denying it to them.  Those manufacturers who abandoned UK or European production and outsourced to China when wages there were very low have given us decades of low priced models but are now caught in a trap, having committed to the Chinese production model.  They are subject to Chinese costs and have to compete for production slots in the factories and assembly plants, and where there is competition there are always more losers than winners, otherwise what's the point.  

Making everybody a winner is called communism, of course puts on tin hat and retires to nuclear bunker.

On 21/06/2019 at 07:53, ThaneofFife said:

crumbs how long will those n gauge mk2f coaches have taken to arrive - nigh on 6 years ?  is that a record for modelling in say the last 10-15 years?

Pfft. The 0 gauge 158 was announced way back in 2012, so if it really does arrive next March that’s eight looong years. 

Paul

edit: I meant 00 gauge, of course. Though it might have been a Freudian slip - in those 8 years I’ve gone from a pre-order for 7 158s and 159s (in RR and NSE respectively), to starting a while new world of fun in 0 gauge based on Heljan’s promised Clayton. My Bachmann pre-orders have dropped back to one of each - more out of loyalty to my retailer/ fond memories of the prototype than any great enthusiasm. 

Edited by Fenman
  • Funny 1

That V2 has been planned for five or six years, hasn't  it?  Is the body actually different to the split chassis one?  There are still mint/unused examples of the latter around for not much money, and they run well as long as you're ready for the axles to collapse the moment they come out of the box.  With Hornby having cornered the market in indifferent A3s, there's not much available for lovers of big apple green locos.