Winter Servicing point

NINJA

To keep me occupied through winter Thought I would make a diesel servicing point on a eight foot by 18" plank, so far have bought the wood for the base which will be in two four foot sections.

Have up to date nearly finished the main focal point, the shed.

Building should a plank would allow me to run quite a few diesels of different eras when I choose rather than be limited to a narrow time frame.

Next job finish the office block.

Servicing_Shed.JPG

• Like 6

5 hours ago, NINJA said:

To keep me occupied through winter Thought I would make a diesel servicing point on a eight foot by 18" plank, so far have bought the wood for the base which will be in two four foot sections.

Have up to date nearly finished the main focal point, the shed.

Building should a plank would allow me to run quite a few diesels of different eras when I choose rather than be limited to a narrow time frame.

Next job finish the office block.

Servicing_Shed.JPG

That is one very well constructed shed at first I thought it was Heljan O. All the right bits. Where did you source the roof vents? 

Ian

5 hours ago, Crisis Rail said:

OP might reside in the Southern Hemisphere? 

Maybe not. 

True, in which case it’s too bl@@dy hot for modelling mate, better get some snags on the barbie 

• Funny 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Now running locos had a couple of glitches, one of my own making, from previous experience of having to rely on the touching blades on peco points I fitted auto frogs to all points, I then was picking up intermittent faults, even changed one of the auto frogs. Turned out I was using an older Hornby 56 to test the system, the older 56 with the traction tyres on one side was defeating the autofrog. Put a new style 56 on no problem.

That was solved.

The other problem was the failure of an over centre spring on a peco point, it is one of the latest points, has anyone easily changed the spring on these, it seems rather fiddly to do?

locos_010(1).JPG

locos_009.JPG

• Like 5

They are from Scale Model Scenery, some excellent bits and pieces there for finishing off the layout with some nice detailing.

If you look on this photo I have posted you can see there fencing, barriers and backscenes.

I was impressed how well thought out it has been with taking advantage if 3 d printing for small items.

locos_003.JPG

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...