Forum software update - 13 March 2019

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Re6/6 said:

Still can't access via usual way. I tried different browsers.  I got on by chance by looking in Facebook for any explanations. I noticed 'RMweb Home Page Link-RMweb' which got me back on. Any ideas as to what's wrong?

The problem seems to be old links John. Click on something like Home at the topic any page and bookmark a newer link.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Jol Wilkinson said:

links from other sites (e.g. S4 Society Forum) are also getting a 502 Error

They're obviously old links, why the system decided, on a Saturday with no intervention, to not honour non-SSL links I do not know. :mad_mini:

• Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

They're obviously old links, why the system decided, on a Saturday with no intervention, to not honour non-SSL links I do not know. :mad_mini:

Might it be intervention by Cloudflare?

I've had links to other sites that are mediated by Cloudflare bomb in the past due to pickiness, again due to a swapover to SSL.  I think that "old" links are allowed a grace period until the user is deemed to have worked out that https is required for the link to work....

Hopefully the right place to post this query. Whenever I pop onto RMWeb I click on 'view new content' and have a scroll down to see if there is anything of interest. For the last couple of days it has only scrolled down, loading more activity, until 4 hours when it then lists stuff from September?

rmw.JPG.da76afcc3e7c5148fe705c13e3e0043b.JPG

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Gareth Collier said:

For the last couple of days it has only scrolled down, loading more activity, until 4 hours when it then lists stuff from September?

It's a bug where an edited earlier post throws things out of sync especially at the end of an activity page. Awaiting a fix from developers.

• Thanks 2