Signalling advice

1. The latest version seems to have two PLS 60 - one in the Depot and one on the Down Main.

2. I would still argue that there should be a trap at the exit from the Depot and also the spur at the LH end of Platform 4.

5 minutes ago, RailWest said:

2. I would still argue that there should be a trap at the exit from the Depot and also the spur at the LH end of Platform 4.

Hi,

Yes, it should have those trap points, I was also under the impression that in the original plan Platform 5 was actually just a siding and therefore should have one there as well?

Simon

• Agree 1

Whilst I would agree that the spur at the LH end of the platform might be an anachronism in 'modern' layouts, such things certainly existed in older layout for various reasons. For examples, an engine might wait in there ready to back down into the platform to collect stock left behind by an incoming train that had split into two portions. 

To my mind, the facing entry to the Depot and the need for wrong-road exit to a LOS is the real anachronism :-)

7 hours ago, RailWest said:

To my mind, the facing entry to the Depot and the need for wrong-road exit to a LOS is the real anachronism :-)

I don't think that it is just to your mind, Chris, because I strongly suspect that this would have been one of those rare occasions when the Inspecting Officer would have some fairly harsh things to say (unless the local geography totally constrained the situation) - like "not acceptable, change it".

Hi everyone,

Thank you to everyone who has replied to this topic, I really appreciate the help. Now all I need to do is read through all the comments, review the diagrams and digest it all. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions shortly but until then thanks again.

James

• 2 weeks later...