SWAG Members Day - Sunday 28th April 2019 - The Line Up

Stubby47

• RMweb Gold

Once again, on behalf of the organising committee, I am pleased to announce the line-up for the 11th Annual RMWeb Member's Day at Taunton on Sunday, 28th April 2019.

As ever, the venue will be Staplegrove Village Hall, 214 Staplegrove Road, Taunton, TA2 6AL.

village_hall.jpg.f09b9524cccc60d4e15f3bd61d729653.jpg map.jpg.3430b5108d664016c6033513bacca2f6.jpg

Doors are open at 10:00 until 16:00 and entry is restricted to RMweb members and their guests, and members of the Taunton MRG.

Layouts
Bleat Wharf - Rob Gunstone - another masterpiece in the making by the Sheep Bloke from Cardiff.

Pomona Works - Arthur Ormrod - Taking a break for organising the Module layout, Arthur is bringing his Cameo layout

DM4MS - Yep, another pile of implausible nonsense from your’s truly.

Loughborough Road MPD - Part of Alan Paley's larger layout, he & Simon are bringing just the MPD section

Proto Z - Mini-zob - The return of the trackwork maestro, Brian Harrap, with the ever-popular layout on an ironing board.

Rosamund Street Sidings – A first visit to the event for Brian Rolley and his excellent layout.

Sandy Shores - Similarly, a first visit for Jam (Jamie Warne) to Taunton with his exquisite 009 layout.

Upwell Drove - Alex is bringing his 1960s Fenland layout  

Wheal Imogen - Rich Peddar's P4 layout, set in the China Clay region of Cornwall.

2018 & 2019 Q1 Cakebox Challenge dioramas

We'll have a separate display table just for Cakebox Challenge entries - please bring yours along to add to the display.

Demonstrators
We also have a varied selection of experts, eager to show you how to do stuff:

Mick Bonwick - weathering

Paul Rolley - 3d printing

Chris Tooth - Plasticard modelling

Mark Forrest - EM / P4 kit built and RTR wagons & track

Retail therapy

We are pleased to welcome Lord & Butler this year - many thanks for stepping in at short notice

Also back is Brian Mosby & 247 Developments

Hopefully Simon Castens from the Titfield Thunderbolt will be here with a selection of books

Please get in touch directly with any of our traders if you want them to bring items to the show for you.

Bring & Buy

We also have the very popular Bring & Buy stall - further details will be published soon, but you can make a start sorting out all those items SWMBO says you don't need.

Catering

Pies & Pasties have been personally checked by Captain Kernow and deemed suitable for consumption.

Cakes - we've had a few offers of cakes, but there is always room for more.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday 27th April

This year the majority of the Saturday is free for those who wish to come down to Somerset early, to spend time as they wish. Heritage railways such as the West Somerset Railway and the Lynton & Barnstaple Railway are close by, for example.

I can also confirm that Taunton MRG have once again agreed to open their clubroom at Bishops Lydeard station specially for us from 1700 to 1900 hrs on the Saturday, with the usual warm and friendly welcome.

After visiting Taunton MRG we will continue to The Lethbridge Arms, Bishops Lydeard.  More information on the evening meal can be found here. Please respond to Graham Muz by Saturday 13th April

Sunday 28th April

Doors for setting up layouts open at 8:00, prior to that we'll be laying out the floor plan.

Doors for members to visit open at 10:00 and close at 16:00.

We look forward to seeing you there !!

Update 1 : Added Mark Forrest as EM / P4 demonstrator

Update 2 : Unfortunately, Simon & Titfield Thunderbolt are not able to attend this year

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 9

• RMweb Gold

I suppose I ought to get on and finish off the fiddleyard then...

Actually thinking about it I think my wife would rather like the dining room back, which has been full of layout since the week before the Yate show should have taken place in early Feb...

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Fatadder said:

I suppose I ought to get on and finish off the fiddleyard then...

Actually thinking about it I think my wife would rather like the dining room back, which has been full of layout since the week before the Yate show should have taken place in early Feb...

You don't live in the same house as me, do you? 

Mutton is on the china cabinet and Bleat is currently on the dining table..

Rob

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

You don't live in the same house as me, do you? 

Mutton is on the china cabinet and Bleat is currently on the dining table..

Rob

You could always share a fiddle yard, or failing that, a tandem.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

Slightly concerned at being referred to as an expert!

An expert in plasticard abuse chap.;) What exactly will you be demonstrating.

• RMweb Gold

By way of an update, The Memsahib is in the process of finalising the choice of cake to be sent along with Bleat Wharf.........

Rob

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

I will have to bring a purchased cake.

SWMBO's excuse is she will be on No.1 daughter's hen weekend...

Mrs Stubbers could build it now. Plenty of time then for the brandy to be absorbed. 

Rob

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

With just over a month to go, don't forget we have a superb Bring & Buy stall for your unwanted items, as well as Lord & Butler and 247 Developments - get your postage free orders into them & collect on the day.

If you have any weathering questions, Mick B will be happy to demonstrate - bring your own rolling stock along and have a chat.

Paul R will have his 3D items to show and some for sale.

I'm not sure Chris T is intending to make you a building on the day, but he too will be happy to chat about how to mangle plasticard into very believable wood, stone and roof coverings.

Did I mention we'll have Pies, Pasties & Cake as well ?

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Whats the donation on the bring & buy?

Ideally I'd like to write a list, share it in this thread, then bring along those items that have sold to settle payment (and pay the x% donation on the day) rather than lugging a whole bunch of extra stock to and from Taunton in addition to the layout.

Will likely be a bunch of modern image wagons, including a handful of Bachmann intermodals. 

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

I know.

It's not bad for N gauge.

For the avoidance of doubt and to inform those not in the know, I should say that the right honourable Captain has his spyglass the wrong way around. The shots are of 7mm buildings. :P

• Informative/Useful 1