SWAG Members Day - Sunday 28th April 2019 - The Line Up

Stubby47

My dear Mr. Stubby

In light of recent restrictions, is it permissible for one to bring meat products intended solely for one's personal consumption ?

Your obedient servant,

Rt. Hon. C.A.R. Nivore.  Bt.

Edited by br2975
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Should anyone, or no-one, be in any, or no, doubt, I have been asked to clarify that my post on the morning of 1st April was, in fact, a form of conceptual art, in the style of tomfoolery.

Thus the Captain's meat pasty & pie experimentation and selfless taste testing will not have been in vain, said items will be available at Taunton.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Thus the Captain's meat pasty & pie experimentation and selfless taste testing will not have been in vain, said items will be available at Taunton.

It's important, though, that I make clear that I shall be bringing with me a small number of extra-delicious, golden-crust pasties, which will only be available to Posh People from a special hatch that opens out into the Golden Trousers Reception Lounge, complete with comfy chairs and customer-operated Wurlitzer. This facility will take the place of the main hall.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, The Fatadder said:

I hope there is going to be a gold members lounge for us to eat our gold plates pasty away from the riffraff :p

All members attending the SWAG event will be treated with the utmost equality- there will be no elitism here.

Apart from those bringing a layout, demo or organising things,  of course. 

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Should anyone, or no-one, be in any, or no, doubt, I have been asked to clarify that my post on the morning of 1st April was, in fact, a form of conceptual art, in the style of tomfoolery.

So for the avoidance of doubt, if there were or were not any in the first place, is my fellow traveler, who was looking forward to eating all the veggy pasties and whom will not be able to enter the Gold lounge, going to be treated to a non-meat based hot savoury snack of the pastry variety? If not he demands a refund for the fee he isn't paying.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Apparently we will be catering for non-gold, non-meat type members, and yes, he will also be entitled to a full 100% refund of his entrance fee, in exchange for repaying, in full, his expences for the event.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, br2975 said:

I'm as confused as the officials at Cardiff City v Chelsea ...............

They weren't confused. They were just carp. 

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

It's important, though, that I make clear that I shall be bringing with me a small number of extra-delicious, golden-crust pasties, which will only be available to Posh People from a special hatch that opens out into the Golden Trousers Reception Lounge, complete with comfy chairs and customer-operated Wurlitzer. This facility will take the place of the main hall.

Oh no! Can we expect the Spamish Inquistition as well...?

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

23 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Apparently we will be catering for non-gold, non-meat type members, and yes, he will also be entitled to a full 100% refund of his entrance fee, in exchange for repaying, in full, his expences for the event.

As a huge fan of vegetarian/vegan pastry-based products, including those produced by a certain baker local to myself (other brands are available of course), is it worth the epic round trip from Tyneside to sample the said delicacies!? :laugh_mini:

PS - thank you CK! 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I was hoping to make this year my inaugural SWAG, but unfortunately it clashes with the Helston & Falmouth club’s exhibition, at which I am rostered to operate a club layout.  

I hope the Taunton event goes well... maybe next year.

• Friendly/supportive 3