SWAG Members Day - Sunday 28th April 2019 - The Line Up

Stubby47

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Just to let you all know, the order for the pasties and pie is in hand and arrangements for delivery have been made.

One or two might be eaten on-route though... :D  Brinkly's Pasty Tax! ;)

Looking forward to catching up with everyone on Sunday.

Best wishes,

Nick.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

HI, maybe a silly question, but you say attendance is limited to RM Web members.  So I have to be a member of anything special, or just a general member of RMWeb.  I'd like to come along if possible, and can I also bring my husband and grandson (who will be staying with us and is also a model railway enthusiast?

Regards

Jose

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, josekimber said:

HI, maybe a silly question, but you say attendance is limited to RM Web members.  So I have to be a member of anything special, or just a general member of RMWeb.  I'd like to come along if possible, and can I also bring my husband and grandson (who will be staying with us and is also a model railway enthusiast?

Regards

Jose

Don't worry - simply being an ordinary RMWeb forum member is absolutely fine - and one of the nicest bits about Taunton is meeting folk in person.

Not sure about the 'management's (for want of a better word)  guest policy but personally I wouldn't have thought it a problem as such. Just as long as they realise its not a formal model railway exhibition, and members having a good chin-wag about modelling (or occasional other things) is just as much a integral part of the day as the operating of the layouts etc.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, josekimber said:

Regards

Jose

30 minutes ago, phil-b259 said:

Don't worry - simply being an ordinary RMWeb forum member is absolutely fine - and one of the nicest bits about Taunton is meeting folk in person.

Not sure about the 'management's (for want of a better word)  guest policy but personally I wouldn't have thought it a problem as such. Just as long as they realise its not a formal model railway exhibition, and members having a good chin-wag about modelling (or occasional other things) is just as much a integral part of the day as the operating of the layouts etc.

Jose, exactly what Phil says - it's open to RMweb members and their guests.  We even allow folks in from north of the M4 and east of Bristol. :)

Stu

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Jose, exactly what Phil says - it's open to RMweb members and their guests.  We even allow folks in from north of the M4 and east of Bristol. :)

Stu

Not to mention us lot from across the (Bristol) Channel...........

sheep_adverts_bach.jpg

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Not to mention us lot from across the (Bristol) Channel...........

sheep_adverts_bach.jpg

I certainly wasn't going to mention you lot from across the Bristol channel!! ( Being from the North/posh end of Wales, I exclude myself from that geographical demarcation).

• RMweb Gold

Badges.

This lunchtime I shall be mainly making up badges for the exhibitors and helpers for the party.

Plain badges will be available with a pen for visitors to complete as they arrive, but if anyone would like a pre-printed badge please let me know this morning.

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Ian J. said:

Are we going to get badgered for not having a badge?

;)

No, we are all inclusive here.

You'll just get folks staring at you, trying to work out who you are.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

I first read that as Badgers. If it's all the same to you, I'll pass on having a Badger. They smell, bite and pinch pasties.

RESbadgercptWildstock9compedit.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

I would like a badge please, Herr Stubbelischesmeister.

20190423_091640.png

• Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, colin penfold said:

For those who also like the big stuff the Great Britain XI railtour passes through Taunton once on Saturday and twice on Sunday. It's also scheduled for a late afternoon round trip on the WSR.

http://www.uksteam.info/tours/t19/t0427a.htm

http://www.uksteam.info/tours/t19/t0428a.htm

That's a lot of circuits.

Doesn't that layout have a fiddle yard?

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, colin penfold said:

For those who also like the big stuff the Great Britain XI railtour passes through Taunton once on Saturday and twice on Sunday. It's also scheduled for a late afternoon round trip on the WSR.

http://www.uksteam.info/tours/t19/t0427a.htm

http://www.uksteam.info/tours/t19/t0428a.htm

I wonder if the WSR trip might be a touch problematic.

Don

26 minutes ago, Donw said:

I wonder if the WSR trip might be a touch problematic.

Don

Not really - but it won't have an 8P up front.

I'm not convinced it'll keep to time - perhaps thats why there aren't any WSR times listed.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

I first read that as Badgers. If it's all the same to you, I'll pass on having a Badger. They smell, bite and pinch pasties.

I agree, Chris. Given the choice, I prefer beaver every time. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3