SWAG Members Day - Sunday 28th April 2019 - The Line Up

Stubby47

• RMweb Gold

Likewise for me with my layout Sandy Shores!
I shall be loading up in the morning, but will make sure most of it is ready by the front door by the time I go to bed so it shouldn't take long to load up. It'll be just under a 2 hour drive, but it sounds like it's going to be absolutely worth it; I'm really excited to visit my first SWAG event (even if a little nervous that everything goes well and all is well received).
I had a complete disaster with the layout yesterday, which threw me into a meltdown, but thankfully I've managed to completely rectify what went wrong. Phew!
Oh, and the promised flapjack has also been made (albeit a bit burnt around the edges, but I wasn't party to the cooking you'll be pleased to know :lol:)!
Very excited to finally put some faces to names; I must be at 10 years on RMweb by now, yet have only met a handful of members in real life...

• Like 4

I'm going to be later than planned, but should still be there to help setting up etc.

Shirt sorted, badge sorted.......

See you rascals tomorrow ;)

ps Tim....I'll bring the P4 stuff.

Edited by BlackRat
  • Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Posted at Stubby's suggestion, and with my thanks to him.

A call for help from any of tomorrow's assembled throng who may be heading to Bristol (Thornbury) next weekend.

I've been asked to take 'Tormouth Quay' as one of the guest layouts (see photo below) but I'm struggling to find operating assistance, made more necessary than usual due to having a gammy leg.  Medical advice is to keep weight off the leg & to keep it raised as much as possible - that's obviously not compatible with 3 long days in an exhibition hall!

If any of you can offer any help over the weekend, please have a quick word at tomorrow's pastie party.  I'll be ever so grateful.

image.png.e331c36d87329b94100044b1741d818c.png

photo courtesy Chris Nevard/Model Rail

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Anyone who's going to be there early tomorrow, I could do with a hand with set up (having just struggled dismantling the layout on my own.)  I think a simplified set of legs is in order before it goes out again.

As is a significant fiddleyard improvement after finding the timber has warped, leaving with only one useable road...  Unfortunately a crazy week at work has rather cut into the available time this week....

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Fatadder said:

Anyone who's going to be there early tomorrow, I could do with a hand with set up (having just struggled dismantling the layout on my own.)  I think a simplified set of legs is in order before it goes out again.

As is a significant fiddleyard improvement after finding the timber has warped, leaving with only one useable road...  Unfortunately a crazy week at work has rather cut into the available time this week....

There will be plenty of help. 

I have just managed to glue myself to a buffer stop..........

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Unfortunately it seems my attendance is required elsewhere tomorrow owing to a miscommunication  on dates. (bu99er).  Do have a good time and take some nice pictures.

Don

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Spectacles, testicles,  wallet and watch. 

Checks completed. 

Coffee and go. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2