SWAG Members Day - Sunday 28th April 2019 - The Line Up

Stubby47

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

Good to see our highly informative joint peice to Phil's camera received the appropriate treatment in Andy's video

Sadly my conversation with Tim outside wasn't usable due to a wind problem.

• Informative/Useful 3
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I must say that the video has certainly captured the atmosphere of this event superbly.

The piece to camera of the various layouts and their builders works extremely well in a relaxed and informal setting.

Thanks Andy and Phil.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Brinkly said:

I have to say, I felt very under dressed this year. Our own Dapper Dans - Mr Parker and the Baron - put my polo shirt to shame. #ForeverTweed

But what if he'd come in his Lederhosen?

• Agree 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

But what if he'd come in his Lederhosen?

Then we know the Habsburgs Monarchy has been reinstated in Central Europe! 

Emperor_Francis_Joseph.jpg.683779166709d8429e781f24651d1fb7.jpg

Isn't this the Baron's second cousin once removed? ;) :P :D

• Like 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Two excellent videos; thank you very much @AY Mod for your hard work in putting them together (and so quickly, too!). Also thanks to @Phil Parker for the interview which I very much enjoyed, and it seemed so natural which is a credit to both of you. I appear to have nattered on for twice as long (at least!) than everyone else; but I hope that people found it interesting regardless; and after this coming weekend I will endeavour to get more of my layout onto RMweb, so watch this space!

As it happens, I did bring along a Zoom mic with a furry windshield cover; if I'd have known you would be filming (and especially outside), I'm sure we could've arranged something beforehand and I would've been more than happy to let you use the mic if you were able to bring a spare SD card.

Anyway, as I said, the videos were spot on, and really captured the essence of the day; casual, humourous, informative, and all about just having a natter with like-minded modellers.

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, BlackRat said:

Blimey........I'm in a film on t'internet......... and I've actually got my clothes ON!

Good job it's all CCD cameras & LCD screens now, that shirt would have burnt out an old fashioned cathode ray tube set! :O

Edited by Ramblin Rich
speel chucker not werking
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

I'm a little hesitant in posting this, but I might as well as I've spent time making it!
Here's a very quick look at some of the layouts that attended SWAG. Unfortunately, I was unable to look around until the very end of the show once packing-up had started, but I hope this helps get a flavour of the high standard of modelling. Apologies to those who are not featured! Maybe next year I'll bring a tripod and come and make a proper go of it.

• Like 12
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Well, I'm not sure there's anything I can add to what has already been said about the excellent "do" on Sunday, my huge thanks to all involved in whatever capacity!

From a personal point of view, a small tradition is that my latest loco has a test run on Stubby's layout (as long as the gauge matches) and this time it had to be in his exchange siding, all ten inches of it.  Many thanks Stu.

Here's to next year!

Cheers, Dave.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, DLT said:

From a personal point of view, a small tradition is that my latest loco has a test run on Stubby's layout

Each time I see The Sheepmeister with his layout, he tends to find other locomotives trespassing, for which the guest operating authorities are very grateful:

20190428_132755.jpg.f1b0732bef4356d75bf438f0a70cfaf7.jpg

20190428_133000.jpg.cdc5dc16a7c6aa084374a743307b04c1.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

CK sir, as you enjoyed playing with the 1:435 scale Pencarrow so much last Sunday, I thought you'd enjoy seeing the latest work that has been carried out. The addition of the wharf buildings to the 1:43.5 Pencarrow post-date your tiny play thing and so I thought it only right and proper to add them.

rps20190503_175925.jpg.b8f342aca98c1e107ab9aa934337fccd.jpg

rps20190503_175802.jpg.fb7512a16bda2df98c42f15a04cb03d6.jpg

rps20190503_175720.jpg.6a8ae5a9a97d4e50b028b660358a219d.jpg

rps20190503_175636.jpg.9f17b61a887598be258743d619ef2313.jpg

rps20190503_175611.jpg.bbdbb22da6a552ddbb1f188bb070065f.jpg

I did have a battle with the plasticine that was originally in the corner as your attention obviously turned it all hard last weekend. You'll be relieved to hear though that it has been used and that no dolphins or vegetarians were harmed in the process. I did however discover that Xuron track cutters can take a nice chunk out of your finger.

• Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6