The Chronicles of Braynerts Sidings'

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Last minute jobs almost finished (mainly a dead track length now sorted and some minor scenic details).  Stock has had wheels cleaned and track will get a going over on Friday.  Checked that it will fit (minus FY) across the car back seat to give it a cushioned ride to the venue.  Still not operated it with a 'purpose' so Saturday will be a (steep?) learning curve for me and my mate.  Just hope it doesn't go all pear shaped on me!

See you there!

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you very much Bruce.  For the first 15-20 minutes of the show I was ready to take it outside and set fire to it 🤬 !  However, things gradually improved and by the end it was working a lot more acceptably.  I still can't understand why my 2 'primary' locos were stalling (even though wheels were cleaned, pickups tweaked etc.) and the 2 'reserve' locos worked almost faultlessly - even the Ruston 48DS which hardly faltered at all.  The layout will be in hibernation for a short while so I can get on with a few unfinished projects that have been bugging me for some time.  Currently, the next outing will be Expo Summer/North here in Wakefield in August and then possibly Scaleforum end of September in High Wycombe.

BTW, which 'layout viewer' were you?  Did we talk?

Edited by 5050