Perth Green Model Railway Show 16/17 March

DLPG

BEWARE THE BUS LANE CAMERA TRAP

...one of the exits off the Perth Green estate is a bus only lane, its easy to miss the signs...they couldn't have designed a better trap if they'd tried...and you will get a fine...(voice of experience)

Oh and the show is really good...it just gets better every year.

A/box

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Alcanman said:

Another great show at Perth Green.  I've been attending for many years but wasn't aware of the Bus Lane Camera Trap!

Just hope I missed it yesterday!

Bus lanes on Tyneside are a nightmare as regulations vary from council to council.

Newcastle are timed but Gateshead aren't just to confuse!

• Informative/Useful 1

Really enjoyed my visit to Perth Green show today. Excellent show, with a good selection of traders. It was good to catch up with some friendly faces too! The highlights for me were probably Kielder Forest, which was a superb example of prototypical finescale modelling, and Loch Dour, a layout based around a whisky distillery, which featured some fine wintery scenic work. I am an 0 gauge modeller and loved the shed layout Hobbs Warren, some absolutely fantastic LNER steam locos on display. I also enjoyed a couple of the excellent 009 scale narrow gauge layouts. 

Well done once again to Perth Green MRC for a great show. 

PS - that camera at the exit to the Scotch Estate is absolutely notorious in these here parts. I hope nobody got stung this weekend.....

Edited by south_tyne
Added the name of the 0 gauge layout I had forgotten
  • Like 1

Good show again. . . I got there at 9.45am  parked in the carpark, not on the field, and had a relaxed walk round and neb about. . . .BOWT NOWT ! ! ! ! must be a first.

Didn't see any cameras when I came out  down Perth Avenue and left onto J.R.road.

Thanks for the show to all involved.

John

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Two_sugars said:

Good show again. . . I got there at 9.45am  parked in the carpark, not on the field, and had a relaxed walk round and neb about. . . .BOWT NOWT ! ! ! ! must be a first.

Didn't see any cameras when I came out  down Perth Avenue and left onto J.R.road.

Thanks for the show to all involved.

John

The infamous camera is on the exit onto the A194 towards Lindisfarne roundabout, so you should be fine :laugh_mini:

• Thanks 1

Great show today at Perth Green, got there around lunchtime and had a good meander about taking in the fantastic layouts on show. Stocked up on some bits & pieces to get my own effort moving in the right direction.

A friendly show that I will be back to next year

Karl

• Like 1

Perth Green is the furthest North I've been with my layout and I had a thoroughly good weekend. The standard of layouts was impressive, they were very friendly hosts and I am a convert to the lovely coastline between Sunderland and South Shields. 

The modelling standards on display were inspiring and I wish I could have spent more time looking into the details, but operating must come first. 

Great show, thanks. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Moggs Eye said:

Perth Green is the furthest North I've been with my layout and I had a thoroughly good weekend. The standard of layouts was impressive, they were very friendly hosts and I am a convert to the lovely coastline between Sunderland and South Shields. 

The modelling standards on display were inspiring and I wish I could have spent more time looking into the details, but operating must come first. 

Great show, thanks. 

Mogg,

Glad you enjoyed your weekend in our part of the world. We are quite blessed to have such a wonderful coastline so easy at hand, it is somewhat of a hidden jewel, and I for one sometimes take it for granted. 

Which was your layout? 

Cheers,

David

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, south_tyne said:

Mogg,

Glad you enjoyed your weekend in our part of the world. We are quite blessed to have such a wonderful coastline so easy at hand, it is somewhat of a hidden jewel, and I for one sometimes take it for granted. 

Which was your layout? 

Cheers,

David

Taking for granted the place where you live is easily done. We're the same in Lincolnshire.

I was there with Cottleston, in the smaller of the halls beside the American narrow gauge.

Cheers,

Ben.

• Like 2

On 18/03/2019 at 11:02, Moggs Eye said:

Taking for granted the place where you live is easily done. We're the same in Lincolnshire.

I was there with Cottleston, in the smaller of the halls beside the American narrow gauge.

Cheers,

Ben.

Ah yes, another fantastic layout :good_mini: I really enjoyed the show, I thought the overall standard of modelling on display was excellent. 

Very true, it's human nature I suppose. I have that coast on the doorstep but long to spend my time in Norfolk and Suffolk!  :scratchhead:The grass is always greener.... 

4 minutes ago, enginelane said:

Troutons crew had a good weekend at the show with probably the best Indian and Chinese meal we have had out on tour. Very friendly show. Thanks for inviting us. 

Did you go down to Ocean Road in South Shields for your curry!? 

On 19/03/2019 at 19:37, enginelane said:

the Promande, Goa and Fat Buddahs 

On 19/03/2019 at 21:16, Moggs Eye said:

The Cottleston crew (both of us) enjoyed a very good curry at Shagorika on the sea front on Saturday night. Highly recommended. 

Good stuff. Glad you enjoyed the weekend and thanks both for making the trip this far north! 

Edited by south_tyne
  • Thanks 1