Digikeijs DR5000 & Z21 App, connect via router.

R1ch1ew

I've just purchased a Digikeijs DR5000 controller.  I've connected via LAN through the DR Command protocol and now want to connect my Ipad with the Z21 App.  I would like to connect via my normal WiFi router, not the WiFi interface built into the DR5000 - is that possible?

I saw a video online with the DR5000 connected to both the Z21 app and Railroad & Co's Traincontoller software, that would be my long term objective.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

To connect the Z21 via LAN to your Z21 app you need to have the protocol set to Z21 on the LAN port which means you lose the DR Command protocol therefore cannot access the interface with the DR5000 software and need to connect via USB. 

Hi Iain, 

Thanks for your reply.  I fiddled around a little longer and found that connecting the USB cable as you suggest solved the problem.  Not ideal as I was hoping to just connect by Ethernet cable but works as it should.

I'm wondering if the DR5000 can be connected directly to a wireless router eliminating the LAN cable?   Will have to read the manual....