£7 Value Weathering light - medium

Hilux5972

• RMweb Premium

Has anyone had experience of the new £7 value weathering? Just noticed on their website today when I was going to order a few things. Want to gauge some opinion before I do though. 

Cheers

• 4 months later...

What do you want to know please? They're more basic weatherings but include buffer grease, fuel runs, exhaust, varnish sealed. Usually a two colour weathering. Light to medium and you leave it to them to know how to pull it off. For those not mad on high detail it makes the models look more realistic for less money. Its like TMC's entry level weathering.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

On 18/03/2019 at 07:18, Hilux5972 said:

Has anyone had experience of the new £7 value weathering? Just noticed on their website today when I was going to order a few things. Want to gauge some opinion before I do though. 

Cheers

What scale and type of rolling stock have you seen the £7 Value Weathering priced at?

I've looked at 00 scale, and found small Wagons @ £4, Large Wagons @ £8, coaches also at £8 and modern image locos at £22.50.

Guess I was expecting too much for a Value Loco weathering at £7.

We offer three levels of weathering:-

VALUE is a light to medium weathering, or lighter if more historically accurate, typically using two colours.

STANDARD you can choose from light, medium or heavy weathering using more colours and showing more detail than value weathering. 

DELUXE uses various techniques and as many colours as necessary to interpret dirt, rust, grime, soot, water, limescale, oil deposits and much more. Pictures can be supplied to guide our technicians to your exact specification.

OO & N Gauge

image.png.5668329a5b2a3ee0cf2cb12e59d7bee4.png

O Gauge

image.png.1ae2b23ca90e69bd1a0e8f91ed163e71.png

Hope this helps

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

Hello Steven, yes here is a screen shot from one of our magazine ads:

Probably not actually the clearest of pictures but you get the idea of the quality, it's still a really good standard of weathering, you get the buffer grease still and everything you expect. The reason we can offer it cheaper is because there are no specific details from the customer it is able to pass through the workshop faster so we can pass on that saving to our customers. 

1697717055_Screenshot2019-08-07at16_40_55.png.9223662a9229d3ed84121c6789163d00.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had planned to put my Dapol factory weathered class 22 along side my D6315 TMC weathered be green class 22 to give you jist but still waiting for it along with my two Oxford dicast weatherd scammell scarabs..the picture I posted earlier today does not do the wagons justice.☹️

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Have the value weathering on a Webb Coal Tank and I think it is just right. Too much would look like a  not at all looked after engine. Liked it, is value for money. The only thing was that I had to clean pick ups and wheels to make it run properly. Will definitely use their service again. Had a visit of their shop today. Impressive stock on display. Impressive selection of scenery materials. Not to forget the location! The NYMR is running just a stone throw below the location! You are just in the middle of the North York moors national park. 

Unfortunately 206 miles from my home...

If anybody want to see a photo of the weathered coal tank- only next week as I am currently in Yorkshire on holiday....

Edited by Vecchio

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...