Gibson crank pins.

Morning!

If it is M1, then the pitch is 0.25mm, there is no fine thread for this size.

14BA would be 1.102mm in diameter and have a pitch of 0.229mm. I would be surprised if this would fit. :-)

A very exensive list of different threads can be found here , although this is in German. The BA-thread is derived from the Swiss Thury thread, which is a watchmakers thread actually.

If you need some screws and can't source them in the UK, there would be a German supplier for "mini" screws here . Sorry, another German language link :-(

Michael

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

Gibson sells crank pin screws in his catalog reference GM4310 x M1 screws 6.5mm.

Ginson Link

Older Mike Sharman wheels have 14BA screws / nuts, but these are becoming not only scarse, but also expensive.

Regards Pete

Edited by Guest

• RMweb Premium

14ba and M1 may not be exactly the same as Michael points out, but from modelling user's point of view they are pretty much interchangeable.

I've used both together.

Cheers, Dave.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

The O/D is more or less the same and both will cut threads in plastic wheel centres. There's a similar discussion taking place on the Scaleforum.

Sorry I am unable to post a link,  but it's in the steam locomotives, Crab conversion thread page 9 and part way down.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Just in case you don't have an ebay account you can also try Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/600pcs-Assortment-Stainless-Watches-Glassess/dp/B075SCV69H/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1553009513&sr=8-5&keywords=m1+screws

Not truly slotted but very close and very cheap! I should add that I have not tried these but will order some and report back.

Kind regards,

Richard B

Note that those 600 packs from Amazon are on Ebay at half the price but only have 50 very short M1 screws. But a 100 M1 x 10mm from the Ebay link are quite cheap.

AFAIK buying on Ebay does not need an Ebay account but a Paypal account helps.

Rgds    

• Like 1