Quorn Wagon Group

Quorn Wagon

Hello, I hope its OK,
I would like to post our latest updates from ourselves at Quorn Wagon & Wagon.

Latest update

We are a small group dedicated to the restoration of a number of Goods Vehicles on the Great Central Railway.

We have a large a varied collection and are gradually making our way through them. 
Over 75 in total, Mostly 2 axle stock of Revenue and Departmental origins. Our current project being a LMS 1934 built Diagram D1891 Lot 767 ventilated van.

20190316_180853.jpg

I look forward to any comments, questions you may have and happy to help if it may be of use to yourselves.
I personally will be starting a 7mm BSK soon, converting it into Test Car 2 one of our more unusual vehicles.

Edited by Quorn Wagon
  • Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

We will update either Sunday Night or Monday Morning.  The link in the above post takes you to our website were clicking News and Updates will take you to all of our work from the past 2 years.

Edited by Quorn Wagon
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

As someone who prefers the mixed goods wagons / minerals / box vans when visiting the GCR your hard work doesn't go unnoticed.

I have more pictures of wagons than I do of the locomotives!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

A big thank you to the Quorn wagon group. My five year old lad sees freight trains regularly but none look like the ones on Dad's model railway. Now he has seen plenty. Even my five year old daughter got into it a bit. I gave her my phone to take some pictures and she returned with a half decent shot of a 16 tonner that we will now have to model. A super day out but a little expensive.

• Like 1

I wish i had time to do a bit for you. I think Graham would lynch me if he found out i wasn't doing S&T at the railway followed by Mrs LNERGE doing something unspeakable for taking on something else. 

Edited by LNERGE

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Great job on Test Car 2.  Hopefully the Quorn turntable is working so it can be turned to access the other side?

Dava

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you, we are really pleased with it.

The turntable is fully functional, if hard work. We used it to turn the coach prior to it going in the Dock.

Turning a coach is slightly easier as the mass of the coach is more over the outer wheels and not on the middle locating pin (this isn't a bearing on this turntable).

Edited by rloades
  • Informative/Useful 1