Quorn Wagon Group

Quorn Wagon

1 hour ago, LNERGE said:

Test Car 2 looks superb. I was impressed with the slip coupling demonstration. Well done to all of you.

Agreed, was there today and a tour around after the 50 was on the TPO, great restoration and very informative tour around, think ill have to buy Daves book when i get some spare pennies.

Mine & my dads 1st time riding about on the GC, excellent day out, double track and loops really adds another dimension.

Cheers

James

20190908_142443.jpg

Edited by jessy1692
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Fantastic to see the windcutters & van train running this weekend at the Last Hurrah. There is so much variety in the van train, maximum of any 2 vehicles the same type. Some photos tomorrow maybe.

Dava

• Like 1

Excellent work - I look forward to these weekly updates.

There are some fantastic preservation activities taking place every year around the country but for me the GCR with realistic freight trains on a mainline tops the lot. It is a part of preservation that can often be neglected so well done on promoting it. I just wish I lived closer to experience it all more often!

10/10 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Great to see the Mechanical Horse acquisition to match the ConFlats . We went past Quorn & Swithland on the dining train yesterday & it was great to see all the restored wagons.

Dava

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

It is certainly nice to see freights wandering around, but having brakes at both ends is something that annoys me. I know for practical purposes they make sense, but they just look wrong..

The standard of work on the wagons is brilliant to see, as is the updates that show how much hard work is involved in getting any of them to run.

Well done all.

Andy G

• Like 1
  • Agree 1