Quorn Wagon Group

Quorn Wagon

A brake at each end may look wrong but it is prototypical for the same reasons it's done today.  Although during Charters when time is not an issue there is only a trailing brake van.

Thank you for your kind comment it's our passion and we enjoy doing it.

Screenshot_20191223-085141_YouTube.jpg

• Like 3

I was reading in the update about a photo charter next week using the vans?

Would it be useful for yourselves (on this forum say)  to promote the photo charters using the vans/wagons (I appreciate they are organised generally by others from outside the GCR) because the more people that know about them the more people will want to go on such charters and then I presume the more money that will come in to help support the Wagon Group's activities.

I did a diesel charter with the vans a couple of years ago but sometimes finding out about these things can be tricky as lots of different groups can organise etc....just a thought because the more money that comes in the better for all.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for having Test Car 2 open at the Winter Gala, it was good to find out about it and meet you guys out of the rain on Sunday.

Great to see the new container on its Conflat wagon.

Dava

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Just wondering if you have a lodger or two under Test Car 2?

This little fella was quite vocal under the coach and the stacked fencing alongside, despite the number of people around on Saturday....

IMG_3094.JPG

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Anything is possible. Birds have tried nesting on top of the shock springs on the van train. Its always a possibility at this time of year with stationary vehicles. In fact with our other mess vehicle, we have had small birds nesting in the flues of the gas heaters. (not possible now as we have removed them and plated over the holes.

In respect to this little Robin, it is quite friendly and is often seen near us if we are working outside.

• 1 month later...
On 03/05/2020 at 17:08, Quorn Wagon said:

As with all we have been affected by the global situation.
To occupy the time we have been writing a few profiles on our vehicles
Our latest featurette maybe of interest to the modeller, detailing goods vehicle markings between 1948 - 1964
Click Here

Thanks for this.  Some useful information that can hopefully be shared to a wider audience of those modelling this period.

• Like 1