Quorn Wagon Group

Quorn Wagon

We were coming for a closer look on Saturday but the day didn't quite work out as planned. We ordered breakfast on the 11:15 ex Loughborough. It arrived at the table at 14:34. By then i'd used up all my railway tolleration credits with Mrs LNERGE as we embarked on our third round trip of the day.

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

The CCT looks great, what a quick restoration job! Look forward to seeing this passing on Santa trains. Also the BCK mess coach looks great, worth a trip to Quorn for a look. Pic below from the blog.

image.jpeg.8584fb9658a083b11e0306135e1ae4dc.jpeg
Dava

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
23 hours ago, rloades said:

Not from me, Tornado has left the railway to go for its overhaul. Tornado was on a Photo Charter with the van train and at the East Coast Weekend. Photo here is from one of the railway's Official Photographers, Joe Connell.

60163 Tornado

Looks great :) You guys should be proud of this event with your hard work on show behind a "celeb" loco :)

Has Tornado hauled freight before? I expect it has in its 10 years but can't be many times?

• Like 1

I don't think we can claim the first time, its hauled the vans and freight at the Nene Valley before on a 30472 Charter, but it was very exciting to hear to it was going to happen! The pictures are among my favourite of the van train.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...