Fitting Programming Track as Part of the Layout

Sir TophamHatt

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, melmerby said:

Which IMHO is not a good design feature.

No, it isn’t, it’s very poor. What is perhaps worse is that ordinary users, someone who walks into a shop, buys the system, and just expects to use it ‘as is’, as I did in the beginning, will not be aware, and is not made so by the accompanying literature, that this is how it works. It would appear from the previous post that Digitrax is the same. So allowing for this less than ideal situation is what counts. Thankfully several good suggestions have been put forward.

Izzy

• RMweb Gold

OK this has me interested.

My rolling road is fitted with a powercab power panel and auto-sw. So far so good, so the rolling road can be switched to programming track by the auto-sw. I also have a output lead connected to the main track output that can loop back and connect to a socket on the front.

I have a change over switch so that the rolling road is either connected to the programming track output of the auto-sw or the socket on the front so I can use the rolling road for both modes. The Powercab does not power the programming track when in main track mode and cannot control a loco in programming track mode ....

If I could get a relay to sense the output from the auto-sw I could get rid if the switch and make it automatic - but what sort of coil? do I get an AC relay or a DC one and fit a rectifier circuit?