Hallside

lambiedg

15 hours ago, lambiedg said:

I don’t know if we can manage the Sprinter express livery but SPT Orange is on the cards.

Hope things are not too desperate at home.

I made it this afternoon, an excellent layout, especially enjoyed the 303’s.

thanks

Neil

• RMweb Premium

Layout looked very good at Model Rail Scotland . Loved the emus 303, 318 and 320s .  Shame there wasn’t a Pendolino for the main line , that would also have been impressive .  The overhead wires looked very intricate and excellent

Really enjoyed this layout at Model Rail, partly because I was responsible (in a small way) as a Controller for the Scotrail services through Newton, and later in my career for the WCML. Suffice it to say that I still recall some of the point end numbers there, thanks to the chaos that ensued when they failed............

2 hours ago, Legend said:

Layout looked very good at Model Rail Scotland . Loved the emus 303, 318 and 320s .  Shame there wasn’t a Pendolino for the main line , that would also have been impressive .  The overhead wires looked very intricate and excellent

Thanks Legend, unfortunately for us both Pendolinos decided they didn't want to play, especially with the very small and gentle inclines and despite having weight added over the drive bogies, hopefully that'll be resolved for the next outing though.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I don’t know who DCC125 is/are but their videos of all the major UK shows are a great way of catching up especially as an exhibitor.

This link is the one containing Hallside. Apart from an unannounced visit from Diego Maradonna (aka the hand of god). The layout looks good.

Also available for those of you of a robust constitution is a video on the Modelrail Scotland Facebook page. I don’t do Facebook so can’t provide a link.

More pictures may appear over the next couple of days from Lambie the younger.

The thread will then fade into the background while work ramps on our next projects.......

More of which later.

Thanks to all of you who came along to see and hopefully enjoy Hallside and the rest of the show.

David

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I really enjoyed seeing Hallside on the Friday, was a pleasent surprise and one of my favourites. I spent some time watching the trains go by. Thanks to whoever answered my questions about the red ballast towards the end of the day on Friday, very friendly and helpful with good insights to the layout.

I spoke to someone about the ballast as did Trevor.

Glad we could help.

Further pictures from Lambie the younger may now take a little longer to appear due to the earlier than expected arrival of his first child.

As you can imagine he’s a bit preoccupied, but very happy as are the new grandparents,

David

• Friendly/supportive 1

Enjoyed viewing this layout last weekend at Glasgow. I think it has the best modelled catenary i've seen - looks very good and also the EMUS. Seems a shame to run so many diesels under the caternary. If i was in charge I'd move it back 10 years + and have 87s on all the express trains.;)

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• 1 month later...