Locomotion models commission Western Fusilier in OO

AY Mod

12 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Well if it had been an LNER W1 in its original guise I would have had one.

The model is the model, there is no point saying i would have had this or that, it wasn't available and by the accounts above from Locomotion, it seems to be selling quite well as a non gloss BR blue model with the number and nameplates to be fitted by the purchaser.

I don't see the harm in that. No one questioned their accounts and how well or badly it sold. I merely made a remark saying that I would've had one if it was in gloss. No one ever said that their purchase would change the overall earnings.

Your post is as pointless as your claiming ours to be.

• RMweb Premium

It would be nice if Locomotion would stick to either Gloss or Satin finish. I purchased one of the 3440 models and was disappointed it wasn’t glossed so sold it on again recently. My gloss King on the other hand I adore. 

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, MGR Hooper! said:

I don't see the harm in that. No one questioned their accounts and how well or badly it sold. I merely made a remark saying that I would've had one if it was in gloss. No one ever said that their purchase would change the overall earnings.

Your post is as pointless as your claiming ours to be.

I know it was pointless, it's why I posted :jester:

3 hours ago, woodenhead said:

I know it was pointless, it's why I posted :jester:

OK, I have my eye on Locomotion Model’s gloss Terrier and it is nice to know that someone else likes gloss models, although the majority of modellers think that their resemblance to metal is unacceptable. If a W1 in original form were to appear, I’d be all for it. The one I have is in rebuilt form and not, as it happens, gloss.

I have a plain oval of Kato N gauge track on which I test run 009 models. That is another pointless post. :D

• RMweb Premium

Received my model yesterday and now up to my armpits in parts to fit...

On a different note, is anyone aware of a company that produces the etched Western Requiem railtour plates as per the attached picture?

class-52-d1023-western-fusilier-at-national-railway-museum-york-MT8451.jpg

• AY Mod unpinned this topic