OO Works U class swap?

Lambeg Man

Is there anyone out there who bought the black UTA liveried OO Works 'U' class 4-4-0 and would rather have got the GNR blue liveried version? I have such a blue livery version, but it is not appropriate for the period I am modelling (1965/69). I am loathe to repaint into black livery and am therefore exploring the possibility of a swap with someone who may have preferred to have the blue version. 

Edited by Lambeg Man
bad wording

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lambeg man

00 Works only did the U Class in  GNR blue.

I hate to say it but I'm pretty sure that no U Class turned a wheel even in 1965 - my last run with one was in the Summer of 1964. Of course, it's YOUR railway and you can be economical with prototypical reality? You could always say that the UTA hadn't got round to repainting her? Just enjoy running her - looks great with a few mahogany coaches behind her.

Pat - If I understand Roderick's business model, he makes what he has orders for and very few more, if any.  Bear in mind that every 4/5 you build over and above the order list is another thousand quid you're out of pocket!

Fear not they are sure to come on the market as, regrettably, we Oldies will pass on and our children will put them on eBay!

Roderick tends to do a different loco each year. He has already announced his 2019 loco (a LSWR 4-4-0), but when I was talking to Rebecca (his wife) this morning, she confirmed that it is still possible to buy a J15.  If you haven't grabbed one already, it's time to act - a nice little engine.

As the old saying goes, "Strike while the Iron is Hot"!

Edited by leslie10646
  • Agree 1

Hi Leslie,

Many thanks for the correction. Not sure where I got the idea that they did a black 'U'. As already said, I could not bear daubing into UTA black, so she will stay in GNR 'blue'. In fact she is running tonight with no less that five 'GNR' mahogany carriages behind her. Two are Graham Farish repaints to represent two of the 1947 ex-LMS purchases and three are ex-Hornby LNER sides hacked into some old battered Hornby LMS coaches. Roof and the pannelling are acceptable if the windows and doors are not quite right. However they were done in haste and will do for now.

Than you again for the correction.

• Agree 1