PFA, by Accurascale 07/07/20 NEW RUN ANNOUNCED!

• RMweb Gold

Oops theyve done it again.

i’d never thought anyone would do containerised coal.

another one for my list, I remember these going through Manchester Victoria with 56’s on in the late 1980’s !

my 4 pack order is already in !

Here's a rough effort taken by a school kid with a cheap 110ASA camera !

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Heres a couple more I managed to unearth, sorry about the quality, as a poor kid with no money, it took me 10-15 years until 2001 just to afford to develop the film !

Now boys if you need any suggestions what to do next... No one so far has done a Binliner (Waste / refuge train), and in Manchester there was as much muck as there was coal...

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 10

• RMweb Gold
Just now, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Another fantastic announcement. Well done Accurascale. 

I will buy one or both of the DRS packs to run with my DRS traction. Really looking forward to these arriving. 

Cheers man, great thing about these is that they're still at work today with DRS, so cover lots of eras!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, 071 said:

Cheers man, great thing about these is that they're still at work today with DRS, so cover lots of eras!

Very true, I have just been searching on Flickr as I don't follow the PFAs as such, more the FNAs up until now and they have and continue to be seen on such a variety of DRS workings with DRS traction. It's especially funny because I was only thinking a few weeks ago that I needed some more FNAs to run with my DRS locos and then you guys announce these. Perfect!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 071 said:

The wagon is diecast. Only way! 

Cheers,

Fran

Die cast, wow

And my guess woukd have been the FPA Russell coal, not far off. :D

Overtime beckons for this, short wheelbase wagons are great for small layouts. Now to get the unbuilt kits on eBay

well done

Mark

Edited by westie7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Rivercider said:

You don't always need to have a full train of them. I have a photo in the mid 1980s at Newport with one formed in front of a train of HEAs,

cheers

Indeed Kevin, they’re perfect for mixed trains, block trains and short trains like the DRS traffic too.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2

Saw the email this morning and thought "are these the Russell container ones which were converted from SAA and VCA wagons?"

Sadly those were FPA not PFA. So near yet so far.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Flood said:

Saw the email this morning and thought "are these the Russell container ones which were converted from SAA and VCA wagons?"

Sadly those were FPA not PFA. So near yet so far.

That was my 'hope' :D but equally delighted