PFA, by Accurascale 07/07/20 NEW RUN ANNOUNCED!

• RMweb Gold

Got my triple pack of the DRS Nuclear Waste wagons, very pleased after I missed out on the PCA Castle wagon runs. Only got one o fthem out the box for a quick look but very good looking, and nicely detailed. First Accurascale product and very much looking forward to the Mk5s and 37s later in the year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great service from Accurascale yet again. Ordered a couple more PFA sets (British Fuels and Gypsum) on line from Accurascale yesterday lunch time, no P&P charged. Received despatch advice in a couple of hours and the package was at Peterborough Royal Mail late yesterday, so expected with me tomorrow.

Don't know if it's been covered before, but have Accurascale now got a UK distribution centre as my last 3 orders were picked up by Royal Mail in the Peterborough area.

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, rembrow said:

Great service from Accurascale yet again. Ordered a couple more PFA sets (British Fuels and Gypsum) on line from Accurascale yesterday lunch time, no P&P charged. Received despatch advice in a couple of hours and the package was at Peterborough Royal Mail late yesterday, so expected with me tomorrow.

Don't know if it's been covered before, but have Accurascale now got a UK distribution centre as my last 3 orders were picked up by Royal Mail in the Peterborough area.

Many thanks! 
Since November of last year accurascale is a registered company in England and our warehouse is in Peterborough. 

• Informative/Useful 2

Noticing that Hattons are now stocking Accurascale, I picked up the last DRS half height container set the other day.  Researching the history of these, I was struggling to find images of the 68s hauling these red half height ones which seem to have gone out of use 2015/16? I guess as the 68s came in around 2014 there would be a window of 18 months or so when 68 haulage would be feasible?

Happy to be corrected on this.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, class37418stag said:

Hello everyone 

I has spent online by trying find information but I can’t find ?

when start open by new name of British Fuels by what year

thank you 

Further up thread there is a list of typical formations that Accurascale provided, which should provide some guidance.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/british-fuels-up-for-sale-1617057.html indicates that Cawoods was a subsidiary of British Fuels, which was being spun off from British Coal in 1995.  I think the re-branding of some containers from around 1996 was in preparation for a further spin off of the Cawoods business as a management buyout.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, McC said:

Many thanks! 
Since November of last year accurascale is a registered company in England and our warehouse is in Peterborough. 

Well as I live in the neighbouring county of Suffolk all I can say is 'welcome to east anglia'. Now we're neighbours, can I get mates rates on future orders.

• Like 1

Hi All, Good Evening, 

Just a line to say I've had some of the Stewart's Lane Fleet out working today, undertaking haulage trials with 45 x Accurascale PFA wagons! 

60 036 'GEFCO' handled these without ANY issues whatsoever, the wagons riding perfectly when hauled or propelled. I did take some video but the file size is way too big to upload., apologies!

Our Dapol 73 101 'The Royal Alex' also had a go with all 45 vehicles and would have managed more, if we had them! 

Overall, these wagons are seriously impressive, unlike the clowns working this particular train today.... Who managed a quite spectacular collision by running a Nuclear Flask train right through the middle of the PFA's whilst crossing it's path! The crashworthiness of the Accurascale product, despite all that exquisite detail, is simply, outstanding! 

IMG_20200215_180756.jpg.e92c2e9d8231a4fb736855cb009f9b3b.jpg

IMG_20200215_180841.jpg.c0f2370a95d12ea1c77c6c6270fc5755.jpg

IMG_20200215_180827.jpg.09441e6a33dbd51e166712b679506e1a.jpg

• Like 8

On 02/02/2020 at 08:09, mevaman1 said:

Hi sc2016.

I am afraid that I don’t know the wagon numbers.  I will ask my friend Brian who took the photos and let you know.

Andrew

On 02/02/2020 at 13:41, mevaman1 said:

I have just asked my friend Brian and he didn’t record the wagon numbers I’m afraid.

Hi @mevaman1,

Thank you for trying and asking about the cawoods wagon numbers for me. 

Samuel

Edited by sc2016

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Retailers still have the Cawoods but stocks do seem to be running low. If you want some I would get them now. I picked up an extra pack from Rails at the weekend.  I was going to wait but I reckoned I would miss out.

• RMweb Premium

No doubt more pictures of this working will appear in due course.

6M56 Berkeley-Crewe 20/2/20

4xPFAs - 4 different loads (if you include the empty as a "load".

The first (92730) is sheeted over - there is a better pic on wnxx.com, but will need to be a subscriber

68004 88005 20 2 20

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, newbryford said:

No doubt more pictures of this working will appear in due course.

6M56 Berkeley-Crewe 20/2/20

4xPFAs - 4 different loads (if you include the empty as a "load".

The first (92730) is sheeted over - there is a better pic on wnxx.com, but will need to be a subscriber

68004 88005 20 2 20

Great photo.  Fair to say the half height containers as modelled by accurascale haven't been used sine 2015?

• RMweb Gold
56 minutes ago, Johnfromoz said:

Fair to say the half height containers as modelled by accurascale haven't been used sine 2015?

They were definitely still running by rail in 2016. IIRC they are still in use but mostly by road now, rail seems to be used for more exotic (and less standardised) containers now.

Cheers Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2