PFA, by Accurascale 07/07/20 NEW RUN ANNOUNCED!

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, Ian_B said:

Gone in 9 hours!

Are you doing the LLNW containers on their own?

Ian_B

Hi Ian,

They went very quickly indeed but Some retailers will have them so check out their websiteA and get your orders in. As we said we could only do a limited run due to Covid backlogs at the factory but we’re even surprised at how quickly they have gone (along with the Cawoods and even the white gypsum pack)

We have no plans to sell the nuclear container as a separate item.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

Would you sell the Cawood containers separately? If you did, I’d be tempted to buy a three pack of British Fuels, and swap out the BF containers for Cawoods to make a 21 rake. 
I know I said 18 was a good rake, but 21 would be even better!

Hi Fran,

I’m not suprised the superb LLW nuke ones have been so popular again and great that they’ve sold out. Amazed at how quickly, that must be some model record. 
As soon as I got the email I messaged my not so local model shop to get my name on the two packs. He had already placed an order and think he knew I’d be after some. It’s good Accurascale are supporting local shops that know their customers well so you don’t miss out. 

cheers

Mark

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, 66738 said:

Would you sell the Cawood containers separately? If you did, I’d be tempted to buy a three pack of British Fuels, and swap out the BF containers for Cawoods to make a 21 rake. 
I know I said 18 was a good rake, but 21 would be even better!

why not buy an extra Cawoods and a British fuels, then swap the containers between the wagons ?

At some point I suspect some horse trading going on, swapping containers and wagons between modellers... by the looks of it, with 21 sets of 3 done, thats 63 unique numbered wagons from 170 wagons now modelled.. so its not as if anyone needs to be short of a unique wagon number in their rake.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, adb968008 said:

why not buy an extra Cawoods and a British fuels, then swap the containers between the wagons ?

At some point I suspect some horse trading going on, swapping containers and wagons between modellers... by the looks of it, with 21 sets of 3 done, thats 63 unique numbered wagons from 170 wagons now modelled.. so its not as if anyone needs to be short of a unique wagon number in their rake.

You are right. British fuels is out of era for me but I have duplicates of all the original 4 Cawoods sets so will be trying to swap the wagons only with someone who whats a larger uniquely numbered British fuels rake.

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, BR Blue said:

You are right. British fuels is out of era for me but I have duplicates of all the original 4 Cawoods sets so will be trying to swap the wagons only with someone who whats a larger uniquely numbered British fuels rake.

I’m the same with Nuclear pfa’s...

i got duplicates of the first batch, ordered the new batch last night.

so ive a few duplicate wagons to swap.

on the gypsum wagons (i know little about these).. are the containers still in service today on a different wagon, or are they superceded altogether ?

I dont have the British fuels version, but an contemplating a few of them, though want to keep moderation.. I shouldnt be in a position of having more pfa’s than MGRs when it comes to coal !

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, BR Blue said:

on the gypsum wagons (i know little about these).. are the containers still in service today on a different wagon, or are they superceded altogether ?

I dont have the British fuels version, but an contemplating a few of them, though want to keep moderation.. I shouldnt be in a position of having more pfa’s than MGRs when it comes to coal !

31 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Yes they have been the on EWS FCA and FKA twins, privately owned British Gypsum KFAs and all varieties of GBRFs FEA twins and singles

Edited by RP82
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

11 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Yes I did consider this, but the OCD kicked in as I didn’t like the idea of pairing certain number wagons with BF containers when I wasn’t sure them wagons Actually did carry British Fuels containers. If I had a definitive list of what Cawood PFA’s went over to BF, I might feel more comfortable selling them on. It sounds a bit crazy but that’s me. Also just how easy it would be to sell mismatched BF’s I’m not sure. They seem to be the least popular of the first run of wagons.

Edited by 66738
  • Funny 1

The BFL wagons were 92725/39/85-6/9/93-7/9/800/3/4/6-11/3-6/8/20-3/6/8-36/9-40/5/7-9/51-2/4/7-62/4/6-8/71/4

I suspect you won't find any matches, as accurascale have chosen numbers that allow the modelled livery to cover the longest time period.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, markw said:

The BFL wagons were 92725/39/85-6/9/93-7/9/800/3/4/6-11/3-6/8/20-3/6/8-36/9-40/5/7-9/51-2/4/7-62/4/6-8/71/4

I suspect you won't find any matches, as accurascale have chosen numbers that allow the modelled livery to cover the longest time period.

Thank you for the list. You are correct in suspecting there would be no matches. Never mind.
Come on Lads! Get some Cawoods container 3 packs sold. You’d soon shift those remaining BF Packs.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, 66738 said:

Thank you for the list. You are correct in suspecting there would be no matches. Never mind.
Come on Lads! Get some Cawoods container 3 packs sold. You’d soon shift those remaining BF Packs.

Actually the British fuels coal container packs are almost gone too. While not quite as popular as Cawoods, they have still sold very well indeed!

Cheers!

Fran

10 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Actually the British fuels coal container packs are almost gone too. While not quite as popular as Cawoods, they have still sold very well indeed!

Cheers!

Fran

I’m not surprised Fran. It is a fantastic model. An excellent subject choice on your part. What’s not to love about them?!
I may just buy a BF pack, and hope someone wants a container swap. Failing that get the airbrush out. (I‘d rather not do that but it’s an option in reserve.)

• Thanks 1

On 09/07/2020 at 09:52, RP82 said:

Yes they have been the on EWS FCA and FKA twins, privately owned British Gypsum KFAs and all varieties of GBRFs FEA twins and singles

Thanks for this. I'll be getting a few packs of the Gypsum containers, now just which era to model!?

It looks like this type of container was used earlier, did it appear on the GBRf FEAs? 

@Accurascale Fran is the name plaque part of the mould or is it removable?

Also can we have some FCA wagons please? ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

We had some in stock due to cancelled pre-orders, but they did indeed go very quickly. We still have a limited amount of Cawoods and British Gypusm left, and indeed the whole range of other British Gypsum, British Fuels and modern barrier wagons are down to the last few. Thank you to everyone who has ordered them from us! We hope you enjoy them and it's worth grabbing them while you can if you're still on the fence!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

My DRS PFA’s arrived today and all I can say is “wow”.  Still not got nothing to run them behind but I’m sure Accurascale will provide :D:D:D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1