PFA, by Accurascale 07/07/20 NEW RUN ANNOUNCED!

57 minutes ago, bartram108 said:

Fran - can you please confirm the price of the wagons without containers? Seems a bit odd they're priced the same as sets with containers, when separate containers are 3 for £20.

It was clarified up thread that they are same price as the ones with containers and I paid £69.95 for my set without containers. 

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, bartram108 said:

Fran - can you please confirm the price of the wagons without containers? Seems a bit odd they're priced the same as sets with containers, when separate containers are 3 for £20.

Hi Bartram,

They are indeed £69.95 and we are almost sold out. They feature the separate box section plastic part which is not included in the container pack which as to be moulded as well and were rolled in to a very large initial run of wagons with the assembly costs spread across every line. 

Thanks,

Fran

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

I bought a pack of 3 DRS barrier vehicles direct from Accurascale when they were first issued but missed out on a set of 3 with half height containers.   I tried to pre-order a DRS Q or R pack from this new batch from Accurascale but already showing "out of stock", then tried to pre-order from C & M.  It seems I wasn't quick enough as their home page said they were selling fast,  but I was unable to find the item still listed as available for pre-order.   Third time lucky, I then successfully placed a pre-order with Rails so hopefully these will be on their way to me from Sheffield soon.

Edited by cessna152towser
  • Like 3

I've just received my pack of 3 non-containerised PFA's, and whilst happy with the overall models, there are a couple of minor disappointments:

1) the TOPS panels aren't straight on 1 side of 2 of the 3

2) the TOPS panels aren't fixed to the chassis and fall out easily (found this out when trying to fix 1)) - not sure if the other small panels are similarly loose

3) one of the inserts which are presumably used to fit a container if required is slightly warped and doesn't sit flat

2) could be fixed easily with a bit of glue; 1) might be fixable if there's a slight error in the casting which can be removed somehow; not sure about 3) - might not be so noticeable once running in a rake of other wagons

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, bartram108 said:

I've just received my pack of 3 non-containerised PFA's, and whilst happy with the overall models, there are a couple of minor disappointments:

1) the TOPS panels aren't straight on 1 side of 2 of the 3

2) the TOPS panels aren't fixed to the chassis and fall out easily (found this out when trying to fix 1)) - not sure if the other small panels are similarly loose

3) one of the inserts which are presumably used to fit a container if required is slightly warped and doesn't sit flat

2) could be fixed easily with a bit of glue; 1) might be fixable if there's a slight error in the casting which can be removed somehow; not sure about 3) - might not be so noticeable once running in a rake of other wagons

Hi Bartram,

We are very sorry to hear that your pack is not up to scratch. Please email us at support@accurascale.co.uk and we can arrange warranty repair for this pack for you.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bartram108 said:

That looks to be a problem with the sample that Accurascale used for the first image on their website.  See - https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/pfa-2-axle-container-flat-wagon/products/pfa-container-wagon-p

The top images shows one with a slightly warped insert (which I believe is used to hold the container above the wheel flanges), the middle image shows a wagon with the insert missing, and the bottom wagon is fine.  Interestingly, when the wagon was turned, the warped inset was removed (or fell off).

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Dungrange said:

That looks to be a problem with the sample that Accurascale used for the first image on their website.  See - https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/pfa-2-axle-container-flat-wagon/products/pfa-container-wagon-p

The top images shows one with a slightly warped insert (which I believe is used to hold the container above the wheel flanges), the middle image shows a wagon with the insert missing, and the bottom wagon is fine.  Interestingly, when the wagon was turned, the warped inset was removed (or fell off).

The inset piece is (prototypically) designed to attach to the 20' container and raise it above the wheelbase. In use, you would clip the inset to the base of your container, then clip the combination into the wagon. A little twisting in transit wont' make any difference to the fit. HTH.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

What part is this? I'm interested in using some of my container ones as barriers.

If you look at @McC's parts diagram from 11 July above, we're talking about part 17, which sits between the die-cast wagon and the containers.  It's not something special to the barrier wagon pack.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

The frame is used to lift containers with flush bases clear of the wheel guards.

They weren't needed on Cawoods/BFL (and some other boxes/tanktainers) as the boxes had a raised floor to clear the wheel guards.

Pics here:

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

On a slightly unrelated note.

To back up a previous request - 36 gypsum boxes have been acquired to populate a matching number of 60' platforms for another project.

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, Dungrange said:

If you look at @McC's parts diagram from 11 July above, we're talking about part 17, which sits between the die-cast wagon and the containers.  It's not something special to the barrier wagon pack.

Ah right thanks I thought it was something not on the container sets, as in a special part that finishes the look off when no containers are on. Mine have that already.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

Ah right thanks I thought it was something not on the container sets, as in a special part that finishes the look off when no containers are on. Mine have that already.

correct - we have packs of the part available on request should you wish to mount other 20' containers on the PFA

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, newbryford said:

On a slightly unrelated note.

To back up a previous request - 36 gypsum boxes have been acquired to populate a matching number of 60' platforms for another project.

Really looking forward to seeing that when put together Mick. The gypsum containers have sold quite well it must be said!

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 1