Accurascale Fran

PFA, by Accurascale 07/07/20 NEW RUN ANNOUNCED!

Hi everyone,

Great news! We have new packs of nuclear low level waste, Cawoods and white British Gypsum packs on the boat and due to land at our warehouse in late July/early August! 

8.jpg.2ed4f4ce56a75ae9d34f9baa0cb8350f.jpg

These packs feature all new running numbers, so can compliment your existing fleets as well as appeal to those who missed out first time round! 

There are two packs of nuclear waste PFAs, two packs of Cawoods and a single white pack of British Gypsum wagons available. Due to the COVID19 backlog we werent able to get as many produced as we had hoped so the production run is limited in size a bit. 

9.jpg.e44ebea9300ccd6eb582304c26539079.jpg

As you know, these liveries and combinations sold out very quickly first time round, so we dont expect these to hang around for long. 

2.jpg.210dd896bcffaf7aa39237d9fe00ca00.jpg

We have also answered pleas from many modellers and now offer our gypsum containers as an accessory pack on their own. There is one blue pack and one white pack, each containing three containers for a price of £19.95.

British_Gypsum_Containers_Blue_1.jpg.4e51ff10ec60f9d7524e2ded5c2373b4.jpg

You can pre-order the wagons and container packs here: https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/pfa-2-axle-container-flat-wagon/pre-order?view=view-36&grid_list=grid-view

They are also available from your favourite Accurascale Approved stockist! 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 14

Hi everyone,

Just a warning, the low level nuclear wagons are rapidly disappearing. We've never seen anything quite like it! Thanks to everyone who has ordered! 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Just a warning, the low level nuclear wagons are rapidly disappearing. We've never seen anything quite like it! Thanks to everyone who has ordered! 

Cheers!

Fran

I ordered both LLNW packs pretty much straight away when I saw the announcement, just keep doing what you're doing and you'll end up printing you're own money...let's see Accurascale pounds/dollars/euro's has a nice ring to it :yes:

Edited by classy52
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Both Cawood packs ordered. 
An 18 wagon rake is just about right. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers!

Fran

Got mine ordered even though I can’t eat for a few days :wacko::wacko:, hey ho :lol::lol:.  I missed the last production run so I had to jump this time :D.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

I was much amused by the RAILS e-mail I received advertising the latest releases, the first paragraph read  ;  

"Accurascale today announces all new PFA packs and gypsum container accessory packs including the very popular low level nuclear waste, Cawood coal and white British Gypsum livery. ...."

I never knew that low level nuclear waste was "very popular" !        :rolleyes:

• Funny 4

19 minutes ago, phil gollin said:

I was much amused by the RAILS e-mail I received advertising the latest releases, the first paragraph read  ;  

"Accurascale today announces all new PFA packs and gypsum container accessory packs including the very popular low level nuclear waste, Cawood coal and white British Gypsum livery. ...."

I never knew that low level nuclear waste was "very popular" !        :rolleyes:

I think we have succeeded where others have failed for many years and make nuclear waste sexy. Who'd have thunk it??

Cheers!

Fran

• Funny 6

2 hours ago, 66738 said:

Both Cawood packs ordered. 
An 18 wagon rake is just about right. 

Agreed ! I've just done exactly the same.....

• Like 2

Has one of the Nuclear ones sold out already ?

679C4A01-AA24-433F-94BF-1164D3B58170.jpeg.0aea064bf0260a0e88336c0e2b8e5206.jpeg

oh my, anyone would think you were selling them with Loo roll ?

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Has one of the Nuclear ones sold out already ?

afraid so! In fact both Nuke packs are now entirely presold on preorder!

Edited by McC
  • Like 1

Gone in 9 hours!

Are you doing the LLNW containers on their own?

Ian_B

32 minutes ago, Ian_B said:

Gone in 9 hours!

Are you doing the LLNW containers on their own?

Ian_B

Hi Ian,

They went very quickly indeed but Some retailers will have them so check out their websiteA and get your orders in. As we said we could only do a limited run due to Covid backlogs at the factory but we’re even surprised at how quickly they have gone (along with the Cawoods and even the white gypsum pack)

We have no plans to sell the nuclear container as a separate item.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

Would you sell the Cawood containers separately? If you did, I’d be tempted to buy a three pack of British Fuels, and swap out the BF containers for Cawoods to make a 21 rake. 
I know I said 18 was a good rake, but 21 would be even better!

Hi Fran,

I’m not suprised the superb LLW nuke ones have been so popular again and great that they’ve sold out. Amazed at how quickly, that must be some model record. 
As soon as I got the email I messaged my not so local model shop to get my name on the two packs. He had already placed an order and think he knew I’d be after some. It’s good Accurascale are supporting local shops that know their customers well so you don’t miss out. 

cheers

Mark

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 66738 said:

Would you sell the Cawood containers separately? If you did, I’d be tempted to buy a three pack of British Fuels, and swap out the BF containers for Cawoods to make a 21 rake. 
I know I said 18 was a good rake, but 21 would be even better!

why not buy an extra Cawoods and a British fuels, then swap the containers between the wagons ?

At some point I suspect some horse trading going on, swapping containers and wagons between modellers... by the looks of it, with 21 sets of 3 done, thats 63 unique numbered wagons from 170 wagons now modelled.. so its not as if anyone needs to be short of a unique wagon number in their rake.

Edited by adb968008

12 hours and game over..

15FDC561-B5EA-4857-A2C4-2B82E147EA55.jpeg.554eb21aa5e104250d185ef1877ee656.jpeg

Rails of Sheffield have both available to pre-order.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, adb968008 said:

why not buy an extra Cawoods and a British fuels, then swap the containers between the wagons ?

At some point I suspect some horse trading going on, swapping containers and wagons between modellers... by the looks of it, with 21 sets of 3 done, thats 63 unique numbered wagons from 170 wagons now modelled.. so its not as if anyone needs to be short of a unique wagon number in their rake.

You are right. British fuels is out of era for me but I have duplicates of all the original 4 Cawoods sets so will be trying to swap the wagons only with someone who whats a larger uniquely numbered British fuels rake.

2 minutes ago, BR Blue said:

You are right. British fuels is out of era for me but I have duplicates of all the original 4 Cawoods sets so will be trying to swap the wagons only with someone who whats a larger uniquely numbered British fuels rake.

I’m the same with Nuclear pfa’s...

i got duplicates of the first batch, ordered the new batch last night.

so ive a few duplicate wagons to swap.

on the gypsum wagons (i know little about these).. are the containers still in service today on a different wagon, or are they superceded altogether ?

I dont have the British fuels version, but an contemplating a few of them, though want to keep moderation.. I shouldnt be in a position of having more pfa’s than MGRs when it comes to coal !

2 minutes ago, BR Blue said:

on the gypsum wagons (i know little about these).. are the containers still in service today on a different wagon, or are they superceded altogether ?

I dont have the British fuels version, but an contemplating a few of them, though want to keep moderation.. I shouldnt be in a position of having more pfa’s than MGRs when it comes to coal !

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Yes they have been the on EWS FCA and FKA twins, privately owned British Gypsum KFAs and all varieties of GBRFs FEA twins and singles

Edited by RP82
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Yes I did consider this, but the OCD kicked in as I didn’t like the idea of pairing certain number wagons with BF containers when I wasn’t sure them wagons Actually did carry British Fuels containers. If I had a definitive list of what Cawood PFA’s went over to BF, I might feel more comfortable selling them on. It sounds a bit crazy but that’s me. Also just how easy it would be to sell mismatched BF’s I’m not sure. They seem to be the least popular of the first run of wagons.

Edited by 66738
  • Funny 1

The BFL wagons were 92725/39/85-6/9/93-7/9/800/3/4/6-11/3-6/8/20-3/6/8-36/9-40/5/7-9/51-2/4/7-62/4/6-8/71/4

I suspect you won't find any matches, as accurascale have chosen numbers that allow the modelled livery to cover the longest time period.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, markw said:

The BFL wagons were 92725/39/85-6/9/93-7/9/800/3/4/6-11/3-6/8/20-3/6/8-36/9-40/5/7-9/51-2/4/7-62/4/6-8/71/4

I suspect you won't find any matches, as accurascale have chosen numbers that allow the modelled livery to cover the longest time period.

Thank you for the list. You are correct in suspecting there would be no matches. Never mind.
Come on Lads! Get some Cawoods container 3 packs sold. You’d soon shift those remaining BF Packs.

• Friendly/supportive 1

17 hours ago, 66738 said:

Thank you for the list. You are correct in suspecting there would be no matches. Never mind.
Come on Lads! Get some Cawoods container 3 packs sold. You’d soon shift those remaining BF Packs.

Actually the British fuels coal container packs are almost gone too. While not quite as popular as Cawoods, they have still sold very well indeed!

Cheers!

Fran

10 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Actually the British fuels coal container packs are almost gone too. While not quite as popular as Cawoods, they have still sold very well indeed!

Cheers!

Fran

I’m not surprised Fran. It is a fantastic model. An excellent subject choice on your part. What’s not to love about them?!
I may just buy a BF pack, and hope someone wants a container swap. Failing that get the airbrush out. (I‘d rather not do that but it’s an option in reserve.)

• Thanks 1