PFA, by Accurascale 07/07/20 NEW RUN ANNOUNCED!

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Robert Shrives said:

Fran and all at IRM towers,

Great work - yes N would be fun as well ! 

However do I spot a bit of a crossover , looking at the Ballina - Limerick coal flows in Rails through the West the containers do look the same - You know you want to and sell coal containers on there own ... 

Cheers

Robert   

Doing a bit of research on that at the moment Robert, but if they're the same I can see them on 42ft flats in the future... ;)

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mozzer models said:

thats right but as the coal is in a container on the wagon then the container can cross the sea on put on another wagon in Ireland 

Indeed, and understood. But in responding to JSpencer's question "did these PFAs get as far as Ireland or was it only the containers that was sent" I was explaining why the wagons couldn't run in Ireland. Whether the containers ever did, I do not know so I'll leave that to others.

Thanks.

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, Damo666 said:

Indeed, and understood. But in responding to JSpencer's question "did these PFAs get as far as Ireland or was it only the containers that was sent" I was explaining why the wagons couldn't run in Ireland. Whether the containers ever did, I do not know so I'll leave that to others.

Thanks.

Hi Damo,

The containers did yes, but as far as we can determine, were purely road hauled on the irish side.

• Thanks 1

Late to the party but can you confirm if the DRS wagons are fit for purpose for modelling today's railway, don't know anything about PFA's but if the answer is yes then you'll have another customer for these.

Btw are these going to be ready for June this year?

Edit: Just checked your web site & yes the DRS ones can be used today...I can't resist

Edited by classy52

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, classy52 said:

Late to the party but can you confirm if the DRS wagons are fit for purpose for modelling today's railway, don't know anything about PFA's but if the answer is yes then you'll have another customer for these.

Edit: Just checked your web site & yes the DRS ones can be used today...I can't resist

The DRS packs are currently in active use :)

Edited by McC
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, classy52 said:

Hi there,

They're due in July this year.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Garry D100 said:

Hi,

Would someone be able to tell me what the length of these wagons (in 4mm) would be buffer to buffer.

Just so i can see how long a 12 pack rake would be.

Thanks.

Garry

20ft container * 4mm (per foot) = 8cm + wagon extras, i’m Guessing 13-14cm over couplings. 

A mk1 is 64ft (26cm in OO), so i’m reckoning on 2 PFA = 1 mk1 until confirmed.

Edited by adb968008
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 071 said:

Hi there,

They're due in July this year.

Cheers!

Fran

How can you guys go from an announcement at the end of March to delivery just 4 months later?

From 3D visuals to Tooling, EP, Painting sign-off, production and shipping.

Amazing!

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

20ft container * 4mm (per foot) = 8cm + wagon extras, i’m Guessing 13-14cm over couplings. 

Pretty much bang on :) they are exactly 12cm over buffers. 

Edited by McC
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Damo666 said:

How can you guys go from an announcement at the end of March to delivery just 4 months later?

Amazing!

Cheers Damo, we do as much work behind the scenes first before announcing, so waiting times are reduced. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Damo666 said:

Amazing!

Accurascale are the new hotness...the rest are old and busted.

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, Ruairidh Munro said:

Can you confirm whether DRS pack P is three EMPTY PFA wagons as shown in the image or includes seperate containers (as per the description text).291549410_PFAPackP.JPG.c992b67351c02b06dd1d6564b10c8431.JPG

Ah good spot, it’s three empty wagons. We will amend.

Cheers,

Fran

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Dungrange said:

What I don't understand is why three empty wagons are the same price as ones with a container?

See it more as getting free loads with the other wagons rather than getting charged extra for not having a load in this pack. Over a large run such as these the loads become very cheap. The cost in the PFA is the die casting of the wagon. Of course, you could Just buy a pack with a load on it if you feel it’s more value for money?

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Clagsniffer said:

Did the Cawoods wagons ever appear around the collieries of Northumberland? Blyth/Cambois etc? Just trying to justify buying the full 12 wagon rake :rolleyes:

Pretty certain they worked from either Lynemouth or Ashington at some point. A dig through this site might help:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/davidwf2009/albums

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Clagsniffer said:

Did the Cawoods wagons ever appear around the collieries of Northumberland? Blyth/Cambois etc? Just trying to justify buying the full 12 wagon rake :rolleyes:

Hi,

Cawoods ran from Blyth, as illustrated here: 

The Cawoods At Weasel Hall (Michael McNicholas)

"56113 throbs out of Weasel Hall Tunnel, Hebden Bridge with 6M21 Blyth to Ellesmere Port "Cawoods". 22/7/88."

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by 071
  • Informative/Useful 1