PFA, by Accurascale 07/07/20 NEW RUN ANNOUNCED!

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, Winter123 said:

Brilliant announcement again lads.

Did the Cawood versions ever run with British Fuels in a mixed train or were they always block trains of a single company?

I only ever saw trainload Cawoods, no mix, that would be late 1980’s early 1990’s.

Usually with a 56 in Large logo,  railfreight grey or Coal Sector.

This was quite a long distance train, from the North East, down the ECML, across the pennines and onwards to Merseyside.

ive ordered all 4 Cawoods sets,i’m guessing at approx 13-14cm a wagon that would give me an approx 6 coach length working. (fran can probably confirm wagon length).

weather is easy, just rub them down in coal dust, leave some exposed to sunlight etc. 

Fyi, the interiors of these containers were white/cream.. why i cannot imagine.

from memory, I recall late morning each way through Victoria, usually I’d see the loaded westbound first, and the Eastbound empty around an hour or so later, always raining in Manchester,  different loco on each, but that could just be my memory.

Other workings around this time of day could include 37’s on Peakstone/RMC (usually they parked up for a while at Exchange first), Double headed, and Double headed on Oil tanks (37/47) both heading East, and a 60 on the Binliner, which usually stunk rotten.

Not forgetting you need as many class 104’s as you can find, and its similar class 110.

outside that period / location I dont know.

Edited by adb968008
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, Winter123 said:

Brilliant announcement again lads.

Did the Cawood versions ever run with British Fuels in a mixed train or were they always block trains of a single company?

We've not seen evidence of it tbh, the British Fuels did run mixed with green CPL containers in later years. We may do them in the future, depending how this run does.

Cheers!

Fran

• Thanks 1

Seen a picture of a mixed Cawood/British Fuel consist on Settle-Carlisle line in 1996 with a double headed Transrail 37. Can't show the picture as its copyrighted unfortunately but would agree with a comment earlier on about the possibility of offering the containers separately.

• Like 1

Hi Fran & team,

Another fantastic wagon announcement. Did not see this one coming but great choice and once I’ve sold some more items I will be ordering the 3 DRS era packs. Nice to have even more variety for the DRS fleet to haul. 

All the best

Mark

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Phew!

I fear the day you announce something I can't resist (closest so far is the deltic) - then I really would need someone to hide my credit card!

Please feel free to avoid ~1939 LNER stuff (not really - would love you to produce something suitable!).

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, McC said:

Note 804 on that picture hasnt got those white guides, where the container lug holes line up on the wagon.

the arrangement of painted labelling is somewhat different too.

where as others (Cawoods do), i assume theyve been shaved off at some point ?

Edited by adb968008

2 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

Another stunning model from you guys, shame I have no need for them as they only seem to be in use with DRS in the North West now.

PFAs run to Berkeley pretty much every week, also Dungeness occasionally and the very irregular Southminster workings.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Simon Bendall said:

PFAs run to Berkeley pretty much every week, also Dungeness occasionally and the very irregular Southminster workings.

Cool, that’s good to know but as I model the Peterborough area, their a very rare beast as I think any in the South East or East Anglia regions would be routed through London to head back to the North West.

• Like 1

Well just ordered the full DRS set, with picking up a full RHTT set tomorrow (which I'm only 50ft from the real thing) it looks like my card is in for a hard time with all these lovely offering. Glad nobodies doing any cranes,"Dam" they are lol

• Thanks 1

This is a superb choice of wagon from Fran and Team. I couldn’t resist and just ordered the 3 DRS packs as they suit my interests in the Cumbrian Coast workings. 

Top and Tail to Drigg and Workington Docks. A pair to sandwich a flask on the Highland Mainline working up to Georgemass and a couple will get scratch built containers to create further interesting workings.

thanks

Mark

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hmmm, another cracking announcement that will kill my credit card’

i used to help maintain the cawoods train at seaforth when I worked for my stepdad (c.c. crump) Doing VIBTs, buffer swaps etc but I’ll be going for a pack of DRS ones as my layout is up to date time wise 

• Thanks 1