PFA, by Accurascale 07/07/20 NEW RUN ANNOUNCED!

13 minutes ago, newbryford said:

That's one blimmin' long TL hook.........

I never noticed that, but see what you mean.

I assume that these have NEM pockets, so that the Tension lock coupling can be removed and replaced with a Kadee?

• RMweb Gold
57 minutes ago, Dungrange said:

I never noticed that, but see what you mean.

I assume that these have NEM pockets, so that the Tension lock coupling can be removed and replaced with a Kadee?

Yes, the hook reminds me of 80s Lima, and for sure it’s going in the bin and a better one will be on the production models. And they do indeed have NEM pockets at the correct height, like all Accurascale models.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hi Accurascale, 

I have been searching online to see if these wagons runned in Cornwall and discovered the following picture on Flickr (Not Mine) and wanting to know if this is a different type of wagon to the one you are producing:

PFA wagons - Par.

Also does anyone know what else the wagons may of been used for in Cornwall? I know they were used for a short time on Coal to Falmouth Docks but any info is welcome if anybody got it.

Thanks, 

Samuel. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sc2016 said:

Hi Accurascale, 

I have been searching online to see if these wagons runned in Cornwall and discovered the following picture on Flickr (Not Mine) and wanting to know if this is a different type of wagon to the one you are producing:

PFA wagons - Par.

Also does anyone know what else the wagons may of been used for in Cornwall? I know they were used for a short time on Coal to Falmouth Docks but any info is welcome if anybody got it.

Thanks, 

Samuel. 

These are the Procor built version used in South Wales and later sold to the MoD and were used or MoD container traffic! They were hired for British Gypsum traffic at one stage I think Southampton to East Leake.

A kit was available rom A1 models.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Mark Saunders said:

These are the Procor built version used in South Wales and later sold to the MoD and were used or MoD container traffic! They were hired for British Gypsum traffic at one stage I think Southampton to East Leake.

A kit was available rom A1 models.

A 3D printed version is available from Wild Boar Models on Shapeways

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Fitzer,

Possibly in time, but no plans at the moment. The great thing about wagons like the PFA is that you can keep adding new loads, so you never know...

Cheers!

Fran

Cheers Fran. 

I ordered the DRS pack earlier but the discount did not apply. If you could check it out for me would be great, no 4519.

12 hours ago, Irishswissernie said:

I didn't realise they sometimes still use Barrier wagons on the flasks.

Carlisle 66303  + 303, 20 June 2019

Ernie

2019-06-20 DSC04776.jpg

They only use barriers now on the flask traffic to and from Georgemas junction with top and tail 37s north of Carlisle. I'm guessing to spread the weight of the locos and flask on the fare north line?

Edited by RP82
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Here are some progress shots of our PFAs which are now in production! All going well we will have a limited amount flown in to cover pre-orders and the rest will arrive by sea in a few months time. So if you want to be in that first group, it's worth getting that pre-order in soon!

938983352_image(33).png.6eeaaa24c2eb3ef4442438acbcc25262.png

113709062_image(34).png.c7c17d12ce9d3dc9e7a0bd9f84aa4b52.png

And a video of the gypsum containers being produced 

Cheers,

Fran

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Hi - Anyone know what the length of these bad boys/wonderful wagons are?  Cannot seem to find it on any website anywhere.  Obviously a 20' Container is 80mm at 4mm/1 foot, so with headstock/buffer beam expecting circa 110-120mm.

Regarding Sc2016/Samuel request - there was a photo of the Cawoods on the Cornwall Railway Societies website with 10-12 wagons at Par.

Best Regards,

C.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dogbox321 said:

Regarding Sc2016/Samuel request - there was a photo of the Cawoods on the Cornwall Railway Societies website with 10-12 wagons at Par.

Very interesting.... do you a link to the Web page by any chance? I can't find it on their website

Cheers

Will 

• RMweb Gold
On 07/07/2019 at 12:46, dogbox321 said:

Hi - Anyone know what the length of these bad boys/wonderful wagons are?  Cannot seem to find it on any website anywhere.  Obviously a 20' Container is 80mm at 4mm/1 foot, so with headstock/buffer beam expecting circa 110-120mm.

Best Regards,

C.

Hi C,

Totally missed this while on holiday; they are 112mm over tension lock couplings. 

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 2

On 04/07/2019 at 18:33, Accurascale Fran said:

All going well we will have a limited amount flown in to cover pre-orders and the rest will arrive by sea in a few months time. So if you want to be in that first group, it's worth getting that pre-order in soon!

Is that some of each pack being produced, or just one variant?