PFA, by Accurascale 07/07/20 NEW RUN ANNOUNCED!

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

We agree, the colour of the Cawoods container is way too yellow, and will be adjusted for production (as will the tampo). The nuclear container also needs adjusting, but that's why we get decorated samples; assess and adjust. We just share it with you rather than shy away and keep it under wraps. We're a bit 'warts and all' like that, too honest and open maybe. :) 

Anyway, in the continuation of our open and transparent policy, here is some pics of our samples. Please note that decoration will be corrected, some flats have containers belonging to other packs/wagons and this will be correct for production, and I am a terrible photographer. But, they will give you an idea of the quality and crispness of the tooling, finish and detail. Assembly issues like buffers and wonky plaques will be corrected too, and those tension lock hooks are hideous! 

Enjoy!

1921509997_BritishFuels3quarter.jpg.b275271833d3b0e5a31ff202e28edba7.jpg

640191845_BritishFuelsSideOn1.jpg.2ba37538e8ce41366d19d0a94fd1ee3f.jpg

959722792_BritishGypsumBlueUnbrandedSideOn1.jpg.de3b338466c23f21061a05bf9264dbe8.jpg

1340993913_BritishGypsumBrandedBlueSideOn1.jpg.14cbfd46c1d72a97147bbe8d28546f86.jpg

399186002_BritishGypsumWhiteSideOn1.jpg.29451adc684642d2c6cd1c2b5be3bae7.jpg

297840485_CawoodsfromAbove.jpg.1187a11aaade7e8a0efb4d074434a9b0.jpg

984092117_CawoodsSideon1.jpg.a54e9fedc5c8fedd6a8af18339d9b633.jpg

DRS_Flat_From_Above.jpg.5e90fd4248dc5029936e59c1498cacff.jpg

57919435_DRSFlatSideOn1.jpg.02bb0341aeaa678f392ccdaf3ee8cfcb.jpg

372641071_GypsumBlueBrandedFromAbove.jpg.5ea8975adc504940d080bd786a8f15e5.jpg

Nuke_from_Above.jpg.0cb9070f113728dc76c7030973de22d4.jpg

2108654195_NukeSideOn1.jpg.e6da60d4cb2caeb1791854c74d2436e0.jpg

277546545_UnbrandedGypsum3Quarter.jpg.7de12c5b6cae675ee68bc441d9f01ab8.jpg

62313324_WhiteGypsumFromAbove.jpg.17b1d39993e58a2ebfdbe5d356f5aa73.jpg

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Ruairidh Munro said:

Cheers for the rely Fran, at least the factory for ONE right !!  Looking good in all other respects and still looking forward to receiving them. Would rather have a slight delay than receive a model that doesn't meet you usual high standards.

Would normally avoid the pedantic discussion of colour tone , such as the endless discussion of the warning panel on another's soon to be released locomotive.  As you say it's hugely dependant on multiple factors (incl. age, light, shadow, personal perception etc etc) but in this case it just jump out as closer a bright red.

This shows the variation after just a short period of time exposed to sun and weather.

drigg.jpg

Thanks Ruairidh, we totally agree. Odd colours tend to happen frequently on models, we are just more open and transparent about these things as explained above. The Cawoods and nuke containers are well off, but easily corrected, whereas if it was a shape/tooling issue, that's much more difficult to correct. We corrected our Rugby Cement and Cemflo wagons after deco samples and these will be the same. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

Hi Fran and team,

its great eat to be able to see the progress and in such a short timescale as well. I have no issues with delays as  it’s much better to get it right or certainly as close as you can. It’s also good that you are happy to share at this stage as you can clearly see how detailed the actual wagons are and with my own interest in the DRS era wagons the detail on the low level waste containers is superb. 

All the best

Mark

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Love the insight into the development process and really looking forward to these wagons (DRS packs) as they look really good now and I’m sure they will be excellent by the time they arrive! Looking forward to my first purchases from yourselves! 

At least we wouldn’t loose the orange containers! :)

Cheers

Ali 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Fran and the Team!

Thanks for sharing the photos. I'm really pleased you have as they have given me total confidence that when they arrive they'll be superb. The detail on them looks fantastic and I have no regrets selling on my kit built versions for these.

I'm always happy to wait for a livery adjustment following seeing a model so please do share photos of all your projects going forward :)  It's provided me with loads of confidence and I'll happily commit to your future projects that fit/loosely fit in my layouts (like a CDA ;) 

Great Job

Will :)

P.S. As you've done the PFAs, now PTA tipplers which were all on my workbench to do I'd love a list of future projects.... Obviously that's commercially not viable but looking forward to the results of your survey.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Fran, hope you and the team are well and are enjoying the long weekend. 

Please don't reply until Tuesday at least when you return to work but I am interested to know when the three DRS PFA wagon packs are due to arrive? 

I might not have enough money to order all three packs but if I do am I eligible for 10% off the total for the three packs? If so how can I get the 10% off? 

Thank you very much in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Hi Fran, hope you and the team are well and are enjoying the long weekend. 

Please don't reply until Tuesday at least when you return to work but I am interested to know when the three DRS PFA wagon packs are due to arrive? 

I might not have enough money to order all three packs but if I do am I eligible for 10% off the total for the three packs? If so how can I get the 10% off? 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Hi Danny!

Just use the code ‘PFA Bundle’ at the checkout for the 10% discount. 

We are finalizing the decoration and should have confirmation of the shipping this week. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, McC said:

Hi Danny!

Just use the code ‘PFA Bundle’ at the checkout for the 10% discount. 

We are finalizing the decoration and should have confirmation of the shipping this week. 

Hi, thank you for the reply. I really appreciate it. 

Thank you for the code. That's brilliant news. When you have an ETA for delivery please can you let us know on this page. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, LaGrange said:

Had this in my hand recently, stunning and nice and heavy for such a small wagon. And I didnt even say how good the container is :D

Thanks, I thought it looked good posed with this heavily modified model of 47 901 yesterday at a local event in Dublin. Amazing model (and the 47 isnt too shabby either :lol: )

1126841825_47901PFA.jpeg.02dcb32fff11ae35a5156bc6e0020ae7.jpeg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Thanks, I thought it looked good posed with this heavily modified model of 47 901 yesterday at a local event in Dublin. Amazing model (and the 47 isnt too shabby either :lol: )

1126841825_47901PFA.jpeg.02dcb32fff11ae35a5156bc6e0020ae7.jpeg

See that Container wagon in the bottom corner? That obviously demonstrates an ability to do the other Speedlink coal wagon FPA :laugh_mini: 

• Like 1

On 09/07/2019 at 22:42, nat37670 said:

Re Cornish PFA use, the MOD example posted above was a one off trial of bagged china clay. There are a couple Falmouth coal workings on Flickr such as below showing the 'painted out' containers.

Largin Coal

Thanks. It's good a few pictures are still available on Flickr but they to seem to have deleted some of them.

Samuel.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, Pegleg90 said:

Evening Fran,

Any updates your able to share on these little beauties?

Really looking forward to them.

Thanks

Ali

Hi Ali,

We had to amend some tooling around the coupling mech which has now been done and production is well under way. They’re due in early December at the very latest, but should be with us towards the end of November.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Just a couple of pics below and an update on the PFAs. As you can see the molding and painting is complete, with final assembly under way. Next comes packing and shipping of course.

image_(52).png.502591b2ff83e016a968176559a182d8.png

nuke_pfas.png.459cf84a052ea84e5bac0f9b87331a05.png

We are making a lot of these due to all the variants we are offering between coal containers, barrier wagons, nuclear waste and two different types of gypsum containers, so it's been a long manufacturing process. However, it's coming to the final straight now and we are still on course for December. 

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, TangerineWizards said:

In the last Accurscale email, you mention that pre-orders will be flown in for Christmas/Warley. When would be the last order date for these? 

Hi There,

Sooner the better, but we reckon before Warley would be safe for the cut off. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Fran, 

Hope you are well? 

Do we have to pre-order the PFA wagons or can we buy them when they are in stock with you? The PFAs that haven't been pre-ordered, are they still due to arrive in December? I am assuming before Christmas? 

Kind Regards, 

Danny.

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Hi Fran, 

Hope you are well? 

Do we have to pre-order the PFA wagons or can we buy them when they are in stock with you? The PFAs that haven't been pre-ordered, are they still due to arrive in December? I am assuming before Christmas? 

Kind Regards, 

Danny.

Hi Danny,

I'm good thanks, you?

We will have stock of the PFA like we do with all our models. However, only pre-ordered PFAs will arrive by air in December, the additional stock will come by sea and arrive around 6 weeks later, so mid-late January, early February possibly. 

Cheers,

Fran

• Thanks 1