PFA, by Accurascale 07/07/20 NEW RUN ANNOUNCED!

• RMweb Premium
On 05/11/2019 at 11:27, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Danny,

I'm good thanks, you?

We will have stock of the PFA like we do with all our models. However, only pre-ordered PFAs will arrive by air in December, the additional stock will come by sea and arrive around 6 weeks later, so mid-late January, early February possibly. 

Cheers,

Fran

Hi Fran, 

Thank you for the reply. Glad you are well and I'm good too thank you. 

That's brilliant. I am really looking forward to the two DRS packs with the containers. I have certainly have plenty of locos that these can work with both now and in the future. At £140 for six wagons it's also really good value for money. Will you have plenty of spare stock when they arrive by sea in Jan/Feb? I ask just because I rarely pre-order items unless I think they are really likely to sell out before the main batch arrive, otherwise I end up forgetting about the models I have pre-ordered. Thanks in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Hi Fran, 

Thank you for the reply. Glad you are well and I'm good too thank you. 

That's brilliant. I am really looking forward to the two DRS packs with the containers. I have certainly have plenty of locos that these can work with both now and in the future. At £140 for six wagons it's also really good value for money. Will you have plenty of spare stock when they arrive by sea in Jan/Feb? I ask just because I rarely pre-order items unless I think they are really likely to sell out before the main batch arrive, otherwise I end up forgetting about the models I have pre-ordered. Thanks in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Hi Danny,

We should do, but I will point out the DRS packs are the strongest seller, so likely to sell out first. I reckon we should have stock of them by then but I cannot guarantee it of course. 

Cheers,

Fran 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, Clagsniffer said:

Any news on delivery dates? 

Hi Clagsniffer,

The pre-order batch of PFAs are due to fly out of China on December 16th, so there is a very very slim chance they will arrive before the big jolly man in red arrives (and I dont mean me in my winter coat on the way home from the local!) 

It's more realistic to say that they will be with customers by the end of the month as our warehouse will be working from the 27th, postal system this time of year etc., but you never know. We will try our best anyway!

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

We have drawn up a formation guide to give you guys some prototype inspiration for the PFAs! 

PFA-FPA_Formations.jpg?v=1576082569

Cheers!

Fran

42 wagons, 38 wagons, 27 and 26 wagon lengths. You’re going to have to produce some more running numbers lads!

Really looking forward to these.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, KDG said:

Errrm, when will the KXA wagons be ready to order?

Yes where are they :help:

1 hour ago, McC said:

Ah, the KUA are live on the website now. 

No he means KXA...CADS now or bust! :jester:

19 minutes ago, KDG said:

Already ordered, I was being greedy - those KXA wagons look very interesting.

So have I and greedy as well, anyway when you're ready KXA's will do nicely :sungum:

• Agree 2

KXA and some of the taller containers for the DRS nuclear flows, as used currently and for the past few years, would be nice next additions to the range, with more DRS PFA numbered wagons to match.

As nice as the DRS PFA low height containers are, I cant find any reference to them being used after 2015 as the traffic started using the taller containers around then. Hopefully, the next batch of PFA's might lead to some variations in loads. Hint, hint, no rush, Fran & Co.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

As much as I would like a KXA too, I can’t see them being viable to be done as they are very limited in operation. Mainly to the flows of imported waste from Barrow Docks to Sellafield. Of course there’s always rule 1!

The new type FNA however could be an option as they operate in very short model able trains throughout the country and sometimes with a PFA   with container of low level waste as well. Would certainly compliment what’s available and coming with the 37/6’s

To add to Frans useful formations if you look at Flickr and put in the search, Trains Workington docks for example or Trains at (insert a Cumbrian coast locations Drigg, Maryport, etc) you will get loads of DRS workings come up with the PFA’s amongst them. I’ve spent many hours looking whilst researching for a future layout. 

cheers

Mark

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, knitpick said:

It was suggested that these would be flown in Monday 16th.  Has the plane landed yet?

Hi Knitpick,

They did indeed leave the factory on Monday on their first leg of their journey. Scheduled to fly to the U.K. tomorrow, then it’s customs, delivery to warehouse, strip down, check, pack, ship and delivery, all around the Christmas turkey! Our warehouse is open between Christmas and New Year, so we envisage delivery will be post Christmas, late December and early January. 

Still, they look good! 

4FC502EB-2C4F-4DBD-BB56-4B99A240A9FE.jpeg.aec1eb2050ca8fbc7c727df7b70d0dc4.jpeg

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Knitpick,

They did indeed leave the factory on Monday on their first leg of their journey. Scheduled to fly to the U.K. tomorrow, then it’s customs, delivery to warehouse, strip down, check, pack, ship and delivery,

So posted out Friday for Saturday delivery! :jester:

all around the Christmas turkey! Our warehouse is open between Christmas and New Year, so we envisage delivery will be post Christmas, late December and early January. 

Still, they look good! 

Cheers!

Fran

You aint got no time for turkey, these are models they are important! :butcher:

They do indeed look fantastic, have a great Christmas away from the factory and all things to do with work, relax and enjoy.

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, classy52 said:

Congratulations on selling out your PFA stock...well done :smoke:

Accurascale quote from Facebook

At the moment we are not taking any further pre-orders until existing orders are fulfilled. Keep an eye on our website and Facebook pages for updates of you wish to order some of these beauties in the near future!”

• Informative/Useful 1