PFA, by Accurascale 07/07/20 NEW RUN ANNOUNCED!

My wife got my email :rtfm:! With a what have you been ordering now question lol!

(No secrets when I use her PayPal.)

Well done to Fran and all at Accurascale for producing a very useful wagon type that really suits my modelling interests. Hope you all had a good Christmas and Happy New Year.

All the best 

Mark

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 03/01/2020 at 17:13, tetsudofan said:

Got my email this afternoon ……… but I did pre-order mine on the day they were announced..... and my surname starts with a "B"

Double whammy there;)

Keith

Just checked the Royal Mail tracking, mine reached the Medway Mail Centre at 05.44am this morning and will now be sent to my local delivery office.....

Getting closer :).

Keith

• Like 1

Hi Fran,

My normal postie said he had a big box in the van for me which he would drive round with as it was raining heavy here. Top service right to the door. 

Anyway here are the first 3 having a little run on my micro project based on Morecambe.

I was looking forward to these when they were announced and knew they would be very good. But actually having the model up close genuinely my expectations for a small wagon have been exceeded beyond what I was expecting or even possible.

They have a nice weight to them, crisp detail, sprung buffers, air pipes, the little cut outs in the sole bars. Then the brake pipes and underside detailing which I really didn’t expect as possible given the size of the wagon.

The other thing which is really nice is the 6 containers are all really unique in the various warning signs and stickers in different positions, not just simply the same with a different number.

Absolutely superb job Accurascale these first 9 wagons will be used eventually to add to 4 different DRS workings I’ve seen in various photos.

Now do I dare run the highland working through Rannoch at Glasgow for fun?

Cheers

Mark

D3D1CE2E-C3A0-48EE-86BD-A6F2760D593A.jpeg

020833E7-C20C-42F4-9A3E-23DF9F44CC8D.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Consider yourself lucky, I haven't even got an email :cry::jester:

I got an email 40 minutes ago, give them a chance they do have quite a few orders to get through and are only sending emails when the order has been packed.

4 minutes ago, royaloak said:

I got an email 40 minutes ago, give them a chance they do have quite a few orders to get through and are only sending emails when the order has been packed.

My joking emoji mustn't be working...Andy Mod please fix this for me!!!

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Royal Mail delivered mine this morning, fantastic models, the amount of printed detail is fantastic. First thing I did, though, was to whip off the couplings and fit Roco close couplings just as I did with the HUO hoppers. Now buffer to buffer running.

Accurascale-PFA-02.jpg.1835d96fdd51a44d012d326adb9a364e.jpg

Only DRS loco available to hand was the DRS Cl.57:

Accurascale-PFA-03.jpg.640e60787cc599cc30bac32f3d875db1.jpg

One thing that did worry me was that when I picked up the outer box there was a lot of rattling and upon opening the box there were three loose Accurascale boxes and a very short length of scrunched-up paper that was allowing the individual boxes to jump around during transit:

Accurascale-PFA-01.jpg.2deff64f1771e7c82382d5e38176ba81.jpg

Luckily no damage was done to the contents but (like Modellbahnshop-Lippe in Germany do when they send me packages) I think the use of more scrunched-up paper to stop the contents jumping around in the outer box should be considered. Realise that the Accurascale packing is great  and certainly keeps the contents safe and sound but my feeling is that a little bit more scrunched-up paper surrounding the contents would be a worthwhile investment.

Just waiting now for my CPL containers to arrive from Rails.

Keith

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, NaN said:

Fran - is there a way to check if the invoice has been paid ok, or will you be chasing people where payment is still due?

you should be able to check the status at your order status link or by logging into our website. 

if you've any trouble with either option do please contact us directly by email or chat or messenger or twitter DM or phone and we can assist!

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, McC said:

you should be able to check the status at your order status link or by logging into our website. 

if you've any trouble with either option do please contact us directly by email or chat or messenger or twitter DM or phone and we can assist!

Thanks. Tried that but it’s a) showing odd Order values, seemingly because of double applying VAT and b) is inconsistent on orders with deposits etc. Can’t see a way to see clearly what I’ve paid against each order £ total. Will email you now...

• Thanks 1

First order from Accurascale received, definitely won’t be the last though! These are fantastic detailed little wagons, really raised the standard bar! Just need a layout now!

Couple of questions Accurascale:

Is it correct that the container frames on the nuclear wagons are loose and not glued? 
In one pack I found a buffer assembly had popped out, it’s popped back in with very little effort no problem but should they be glued of just held with friction? 

Other than that brilliant little models and look forward to shunting them about. 

thanks

Ali

• Thanks 1