PFA, by Accurascale 07/07/20 NEW RUN ANNOUNCED!

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, Pegleg90 said:

First order from Accurascale received, definitely won’t be the last though! These are fantastic detailed little wagons, really raised the standard bar! Just need a layout now!

Couple of questions Accurascale:

Is it correct that the container frames on the nuclear wagons are loose and not glued? 
In one pack I found a buffer assembly had popped out, it’s popped back in with very little effort no problem but should they be glued of just held with friction? 

Other than that brilliant little models and look forward to shunting them about. 

thanks

Ali

Hi Ali,

Yes the frame is a removable separate part as per prototype. 

Buffers should be glued in with a small bit around the shank where it inserts into the frame. They may have missed that one.

Cheers!

Fran

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Ali,

Yes the frame is a removable separate part as per prototype. 

Buffers should be glued in with a small bit around the shank where it inserts into the frame. They may have missed that one.

Cheers!

Fran

Evening Fran, 

Thank you for that, never knew the frames were re-movable in real life! Learn something new everyday! 

Thanks

Ali

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Pegleg90 said:

Evening Fran, 

Thank you for that, never knew the frames were re-movable in real life! Learn something new everyday! 

Thanks

Ali

The frames were added to enable standard flat bottom containers to be carried above the wheel splasher/mudguards

The coaltainers have recesses in the bottom to clear the mudguards.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium

Just want to add my praises to accurascale.

I do have a soft spot for cute little 4-wheel wagons, and these are by far the cutest and most detailed ones in my possession !!!

well done lads.

Cheers,

Phil.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Just been checking the voyage of my order on the Royal Mail website and found it has gone from Peterborough to Edinburgh but apparently it's on its way. Considering I live on the fylde coast it's probably gone past the turn off to come back again!

• Funny 2

30 minutes ago, Markwj said:

Just been checking the voyage of my order on the Royal Mail website and found it has gone from Peterborough to Edinburgh but apparently it's on its way. Considering I live on the fylde coast it's probably gone past the turn off to come back again!

Trunk hauls will go from distribution centre to distribution centre  for local delivery, its hardly a new concept, If I post a letter to next door it will go from Plymouth to Willesden and back again because (I think) all letter mail is sent there for centralised sorting, its more economical than having several smaller centres around the Country.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

One pack arrived today via Royal Mail. My first Accurascale model, Excellent ....very pleased so well detailed and ran very well, the colour of the containers is bang on. Can't wait for my other three packs to arrive.

Jez

Well done Fran and team!!

IMG_2123.JPG

IMG_2118.JPG

IMG_2122.JPG

Edited by Mr Pix
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 3

Just took delivery of my Cawood's packs today .

Cracking looking model.

Haven't  run them yet but was toying with the idea of fitting removable loads but the rail around the top looks to be a bit of an obstacle.

They seem to be glued on and look quite fragile and am afraid of trying to remove.

Baz

• Thanks 1

Ok I've received the email now for my PFA DRS Bundle thus now awaiting delivery.

Have stopped crying, checked out of rehab and close family members have gone back to their lives after much comforting support to get me thru this difficult time...why do I do this to myself :O

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, bazil31 said:

Just took delivery of my Cawood's packs today .

Cracking looking model.

Haven't  run them yet but was toying with the idea of fitting removable loads but the rail around the top looks to be a bit of an obstacle.

They seem to be glued on and look quite fragile and am afraid of trying to remove.

Baz

Hi Baz,

They are attached with the lightest dab of glue and are mainly push to fit, they are designed to be carefully removed should you wish to install a load.

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, classy52 said:

Ok I've received the email now for my PFA DRS Bundle thus now awaiting delivery.

Have stopped crying, checked out of rehab and close family members have gone back to their lives after much comforting support to get me thru this difficult time...why do I do this to myself :O

its only just begining... it took 3 attempts including a power cut before the family could drag me away from the cemflos.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Excellent pics everybody! Great to see them finding homes!

We are delighted to announce that the remaining stock of our PFAs goes on general sale this Friday from 11am. Some of the packs have very limited availability so make sure you get your orders in quickly to avoid disappointment!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I note that no-one has posted pictures of the British Fuels version.  Were they not very popular?  Everyone has just posted Cawoods yellow and the DRS version.

Anyway, I've just received an e-mail saying that mine have been dispatched, so I should have them by the weekend and I'll see what the British Fuels version looks like.

18 minutes ago, Dungrange said:

I note that no-one has posted pictures of the British Fuels version.  Were they not very popular?  Everyone has just posted Cawoods yellow and the DRS version.

Anyway, I've just received an e-mail saying that mine have been dispatched, so I should have them by the weekend and I'll see what the British Fuels version looks like.

Would love some red ones but savings  pot empty due to too many temptations but this time next year, I’ll be a millionaire Rodney and then they’ll be mine

• Funny 2