PFA, by Accurascale 07/07/20 NEW RUN ANNOUNCED!

17 hours ago, Mr Pix said:

Here's a shot of a mix of Cawoods and British Fuels

IMG_2164.PNG

Nice photo 

I got the Cawood bundle and 1 pack of the British Fuels so I could run similar with a mixed rake.

I like the weathering it has given me ideas.

How were these wagons loaded? it doesn't look like they were loaded under a hopper although I'm sure someone more knowledgeable on here could advise.

Would they of been loaded with a mechanical shovel perhaps ?

Regards Baz 

Edited by bazil31

Ran mine faultlessly down the club yesterday.  I have discovered that these ran to Falmouth in the summers of 1995/96.  A local coal merchant bought container loads when coal was cheap in the summer.  The containers were unloaded by reach stacker in Falmouth docks and taken by lorry to the merchant’s coal yard.  The services were generally hauled in Cornwall by Transrail 37s.  However, I have seen photos of a 60 hauling a mixed rake of bullets and PFAs.

Brilliant wagons.  Thankyou Accurascale!

8E895699-DDD6-461C-A71E-A06679E07D4A.jpeg

Edited by mevaman1
Improved photo resolution.
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Received both my Gypsum bundle today as well as the Cawood bundle. These wagons can only be described as fantastic. The detail in these is in a different league to any RTR waggon currently on the market in my honest opinion. I look at them and then later I find even more detail that I have missed. Fantastic kit and an absolute credit to Accurascale and the team.

Im sure you wont but don't ever compromise or sacrifice detail guys. You will rapidly corner the market if you keep this up without a shadow of a doubt. Ive got two 37's on pre-order and if the wagons are anything to go by we are in for a very special treat indeed.

Well done

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Always a sign of an excellent model on RMWEB when the only complaint is that some liveries have already sold out.

As I understand  it, there will be some more of each livery available once the batch currently on a ship arrive in port, so good things will come to those that havent savoured these models yet.

Take a bow, Accurascale. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
On 14/01/2020 at 20:51, Krieghoff said:

can we have some pics of the Gypsum wagons as well :)

How about a video? 

Thank you to everyone for your very kind comments on the PFAs. We're delighted they have gone down so well with you all. 

We do indeed have more stock of all packs on the way to us aboard MSC Febe! In the case of the gypsums though we did not make a huge amount of packs as pre orders were quite low, but once they arrived they've flown out the door, so if you want them it's advised to grab them quick, via ourselves when they arrive in stock or via our retailers. 

We put our heart and soul into our models, and as a result the odd delay does occur (we're probably too picky at times) but we feel we must make the result worth it. Lots more new stuff to come, some as yet unannounced!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 14/01/2020 at 16:50, bazil31 said:

Nice photo 

I got the Cawood bundle and 1 pack of the British Fuels so I could run similar with a mixed rake.

I like the weathering it has given me ideas.

How were these wagons loaded? it doesn't look like they were loaded under a hopper although I'm sure someone more knowledgeable on here could advise.

Would they of been loaded with a mechanical shovel perhaps ?

Regards Baz 

When they were loaded at Coedbach and Onllwyn, I'm pretty certain it was under the screens.

• RMweb Premium
On 12/01/2020 at 22:07, Accurascale Fran said:

We’ll certainly be expanding the range of containers for these in run 2. I shall say no more....

Thanks Fran. 

Haha, I think you have already said enough. Judging by how popular the half height DRS PFAs have been surely their would be enough demand for two or three packs of three full height PFAs as hauled by DRS 68s. DRS Class 68s also haul some blue full height PFAs as well. So their are potentially two liveries/modern variations that you could produce as full height PFAs. I know that I would have some, especially if the price is £70, or in that area for a pack of three. I feel that offers excellent value for money in the current market. 

Have you got any ideas when a second batch may be produced? 

Thanks in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

My DRS pack has arrived and they are absolutely cracking models just like the PCA’s. Excellent weight, superb details, very well made and excellent attention to detail. 
It’s the packaging that tells you the models are going to be very good. It’s extremely well designed and I really can’t see how anything could get damaged in the box. It is also very stylish. £70 really feels like great value for money.

Really well done to Accurascale and I look forward eagerly for my JSA’s and 37’s.

Do not change a thing, keep doing what you are doing. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 3

Hi Fran, 

Just wondered if this looks familiar? 

This is my order for 45 of your outstanding 'PFA' wagons, which have arrived here at Stewarts Lane today! 

To say I'm impressed is an understatement of epic proportions and I would like to join the praise of others by saying Thank you and Very Well Done! 

My intention is to run a Hornby Class 60 with at least 42 of these wagons, as per my days working into and out of Mountfield... I have no doubt at all that this will be possible, thanks to properly designed and properly weighted vehicles. 

Thank you for your attention to detail in every aspect of my order, looking forward to dealing with you again, 

Kindest Regards, 

Shed. 

IMG_20200116_183121.jpg.a76bf7269b15dfb50711b59ba8095a24.jpg

IMG_20200116_183134.jpg

Edited by Shedmaster
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Would anyone have information on the PFA's that ran into Workington Docks carrying gypsum? I believe these trains ran in either late 1990's or early 2000's. Was this just a flow that ran for a short period using PFA's? Also, any other photos of the British Gypsum PFA's in Workington would be very nice. Not my photos; just linked in post to illustrate the working in question.

56096-wkd.jpg

River Derwent Crossing.

From memory this was a short lived flow to Kirkby Thore of Spanish Gypsum but soon went over to road haulage! This was pre Desupo' Gypsum from Drax and other power stations.

Lafarge built a plasterboard plant at Ferrybridge fed directly from the Power Station and now receives it by rail!

Currently Gypsum is being imported at Tees Dock  and moved in MBAs by DB with other from Dawson's at Middlesbrough Goods in British Gypsum containers on Low Liners by GBRf.

Mark Saunders

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Mark Saunders said:

From memory this was a short lived flow to Kirkby Thore of Spanish Gypsum but soon went over to road haulage! This was pre Desupo' Gypsum from Drax and other power stations.

Lafarge built a plasterboard plant at Ferrybridge fed directly from the Power Station and now receives it by rail!

Currently Gypsum is being imported at Tees Dock  and moved in MBAs by DB with other from Dawson's at Middlesbrough Goods in British Gypsum containers on Low Liners by GBRf.

Mark Saunders

Also this:

There is a 4-5 times per week Fidlers Ferry-Kirby Thore using GBRF blue JNAs with the odd grey and blue VTG boxes. (Sorry to hijack the thread!)

66788 Waitby 6C59 (1DX_6947P)

• Like 2

On 13/01/2020 at 21:20, johndon said:

You might want to try a bearing drill like the one here from Knowle Model Works:

I've used it on a few wagons now where things have been a bit tight for 26mm axles with P4 wheels.

John

An excellent bit of kit.

Reproduced courtesy of Brian Aston of this parish.

In 1996 the local St Blazey management arranged to deliver a years supply of coal to a local Cornish Coal Merchant when he stocked up during the Summer.

So in July a number of trains were booked from Swansea to Falmouth Docks for transshipment to lorry for the final 8 miles to Carnkie.

Each portion left St Blazey or Burngullow to arrive onto the branch after the last train (which in those days was around 2100.

So night after night I trekked out to Coombe St Stephen Viaduct hoping that the Single line was snarled up with late running trains and that the train would appear before the sun went down.

Managed on the last night it ran.(Wont mention the other time when it ran early and still strolling across the fields).

0BC67D5F-1634-42D5-8799-B7DECD786842.jpeg

FC6ACDCB-9FCC-48EE-8A7E-AD41968FAAB6.jpeg

3B8FDB01-44B8-438E-BB6F-D38C283E256D.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

Some more photos and text from my friend Brian Aston:

Another of the Coal trains in July 1996 ran double headed to the Docks so that after the first shunt had been completed one loco could be left at Falmouth for the Publicity photos the next day.

0803CC4D-6EAE-471B-B560-BDD727055D7E.jpeg

FD393AA4-24B9-4AC7-885D-0956BD35D815.jpeg

49DA8050-8137-4661-BA97-3F48AAB2554B.jpeg

• Like 5

On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 10:34, Accurascale Fran said:

How about a video? 

Thank you to everyone for your very kind comments on the PFAs. We're delighted they have gone down so well with you all. 

We do indeed have more stock of all packs on the way to us aboard MSC Febe! In the case of the gypsums though we did not make a huge amount of packs as pre orders were quite low, but once they arrived they've flown out the door, so if you want them it's advised to grab them quick, via ourselves when they arrive in stock or via our retailers. 

We put our heart and soul into our models, and as a result the odd delay does occur (we're probably too picky at times) but we feel we must make the result worth it. Lots more new stuff to come, some as yet unannounced!

Cheers!

Fran

MSC FEBE due to dock in Rotterdam on January 23rd. Currently underway doing 18 knots. Roll on Feb when  can get my hands on Pack N. :)

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2