PFA, by Accurascale 07/07/20 NEW RUN ANNOUNCED!

• RMweb Gold

I’ve just remembered something else about when I used to work on the maintainance of these at seaforth, if we ever had to knock a wagon out of the rake we would uncouple it from the rest of the train, get the driver to put a couple of ft either side of the wagon then put straps round the buffers and get the driver of the container unloading machine to lift the wagon clear of the train with the straps round his lifting frame!

couldnt get away with that now

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Richy59 said:

Nuclear half heights seem to be sold out everywhere, should have pre-ordered!

Maybe just have to accept the marked up eBay listings...

They look great as well!

A sea borne consignment lands early next week. Not very much unsold but there should be some available online or via our retail partners in the coming weeks. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, McC said:

A sea borne consignment lands early next week. Not very much unsold but there should be some available online or via our retail partners in the coming weeks. 

Alright, thanks! Wasn't aware of this so I'll keep an eye out on your website or via the stockists I've seen. I see Accurascale will be at Model Rail Scotland, is this a trade/advertisement stand rather than a retailing one like last year?

Thanks again!

Edited by Richy59
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Richy59 said:

Alright, thanks! Wasn't aware of this so I'll keep an eye out on your website or via the stockists I've seen. I see Accurascale will be at Model Rail Scotland, is this a trade/advertisement stand rather than a retailing one like last year?

Thanks again!

Hi there,

It is just a trade publicity stand rather then retail. Several retailers at the show will be selling our stuff though!

Cheers!

Fran

On 16/01/2020 at 10:34, Accurascale Fran said:

We do indeed have more stock of all packs on the way to us aboard MSC Febe!

Thought I’d heard the name, saw this in my YT feed...

I’m not a ship spotter but clearly following this channel had its use!

Jack.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

8 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

our container is the 15th down, 3rd across! 

Underneath the Bachmann one that is full of late promises :jester:

Edited by 25901
  • Funny 3

9 hours ago, Jeremy Davison said:

Just to see how good the new Accurascale PFAs are at running, yesterday afternoon at the Kendal Model railway exhibition, I was brave and changed my double headed pair of DRS 20s from the front of a rake of 9 DRS PFA wagons, (where the had run faultlessly on the Saturday), to a top & tail formation! Given that both of the Cl20s are powered, this would be a challenge fora rake of short wagons on a large round & round layout with complex fiddle yard.

I was amazed and pleased that they ran perfectly with no derailments at all!!

Here is a prototype photo from Flickr:

Here are  (hopefully) a couple of shots on the layout front:

Cheers

Jeremy

What a beautiful layout, I've seen your layout in YouTube videos taken at exhibitions and love it.

Edited by classy52
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

13 hours ago, classy52 said:

What a beautiful layout, I've seen your layout in YouTube videos taken at exhibitions and love it.

Edited 13 hours ago by classy52

Thanks Class52 for your kind comments. Euxton Junction will be touring the county over the next few months from Jarrow to Train West then to DEMU Showcase in June.

Thanks also to Accurascale for producing such wonderful wagons.

Edited by Jeremy Davison
Didn't add my comments!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

16 hours ago, Jeremy Davison said:

Thanks Class52 for your kind comments. Euxton Junction will be touring the county over the next few months from Jarrow to Train West then to DEMU Showcase in June.

Thanks also to Accurascale for producing such wonderful wagons.

No worries Jeremy, it is a layout I actually admire and I want to build something similar for myself in the near future but need to work on converting the loft in the house first and probably start over summer.

Yes Fran I'm only pre-ordering & collecting your little toys atm and have nowhere to run them for now...I just stare at the DRS PFA boxes :jester:

Cheers

Steve

Edit: Jeremy, will your layout make an appearance at London Ally Pally in March?

Just one other thing do you have a YouTube channel for your layout?

Edited by classy52
  • Funny 1

Having heard that the container has landed and is on route to the warehouse beware of any farmers selling PFA wagons on Ebay as they may be damaged :jester:

443908CB-091A-4A25-88F5-35F3AA5E8856.jpeg

Edited by 25901
  • Funny 4