PFA, by Accurascale 07/07/20 NEW RUN ANNOUNCED!

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, LNERandBR said:

Is there likely to be another run of the Cawoods version at somepoint?

They're fast running out and it's looking increasingly like I'll not be able to afford them before they do. :(

Hi Stephen,

I am sure we will do a re-run of them at some point due to their popularity!

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Stephen,

I am sure we will do a re-run of them at some point due to their popularity!

Cheers,

Fran

That's excellent news, I'll continue to save my pennies for them then :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi John,

you heard correct, we are currently working on real coal loads for our PFA coal containers, so watch this space!

Cheers!

Fran

I hope your not doing a real load for the DRS containers, might glow in the dark lol

• Funny 2

6 hours ago, 25901 said:

I hope your not doing a real load for the DRS containers, might glow in the dark lol

As the LL waste containers have change design several times in their life are we going to see some of the alternatives?

Ian_B

• RMweb Gold

just had an email saying various PFA packs are down to the final few examples

thats is just scaremongering, people will read it, panic and buy boxes and boxes of wagons to stockpile just in case!

at least the same people will probably have loads of toilet roll to wrap them up in while they make pasta shape pictures in their fallout bunkers 

• Funny 10

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I recall seeing/hearing about a coal load for the superb open PFA's.

From memory this was also to be produced by Accurascale.

I see Accurascale have provided a coal load for the HUO, does anyone have any feedback on the variant for the PFA's?

Fran?

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, CB Rail said:

Hi All,

I recall seeing/hearing about a coal load for the superb open PFA's.

From memory this was also to be produced by Accurascale.

I see Accurascale have provided a coal load for the HUO, does anyone have any feedback on the variant for the PFA's?

Fran?

Hi CB Rail,

We are currently awaiting a sample for approval but this has been delayed due to the pandemic. We should have an update in the coming weeks.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, design8027 said:

Any PFA wagons and containers reach Inverness during the early 90's? Forgive me if my dates out, not totally up on the history of the wagons. Model the late 80's, including a bit of the early 90's.

I've seen quite a few pictures of the British Fuels version running to Inverness as part of EWS Enterprise services on the Highland Mainline, but they would all be post 1996 (which is both when EWS started operating and the British Fuels livery was introduced).  I don't recall seeing any block trains of these wagons in any livery on the Highland Mainline and of course there was little wagon-load traffic around in the early 1990s between the demise of Speedlink and the restarting of Enterprise traffic under Transrail / EWS.

Looking at the description on Accurascale's website (https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/pfa-2-axle-container-flat-wagon) it sounds as though they were all in England/Wales from 1986 (when the wagons first entered service) until the mid 1990s.  For your time period the Yellow Cawoods version would be appropriate, but I very much doubt they ever got to Inverness.

4 hours ago, Dungrange said:

I've seen quite a few pictures of the British Fuels version running to Inverness as part of EWS Enterprise services on the Highland Mainline, but they would all be post 1996 (which is both when EWS started operating and the British Fuels livery was introduced).  I don't recall seeing any block trains of these wagons in any livery on the Highland Mainline and of course there was little wagon-load traffic around in the early 1990s between the demise of Speedlink and the restarting of Enterprise traffic under Transrail / EWS.

Looking at the description on Accurascale's website (https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/pfa-2-axle-container-flat-wagon) it sounds as though they were all in England/Wales from 1986 (when the wagons first entered service) until the mid 1990s.  For your time period the Yellow Cawoods version would be appropriate, but I very much doubt they ever got to Inverness.

Quick check of Roddy MacPhee's Flickr

1996 Album shows mixed Cawoods and BFL from Aberdeen to Inverness

Try working back from here you might find more

Edited by westie7
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Fran, I know that this isn’t high on your list of priorities with other projects and other things but I was wondering if you plan to do reruns of the PFA’s, especially the DRS Nuclear Waste as I missed out on both runs, first time due to financial embarrassment and the other I wasn’t quick enough to order.

Best wishes and I hope that your all safe and well.

27 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

as I missed out on both runs

Being pedantic, there was only one run.  The first 'half' of the batch were transported by air to those who had pre-ordered by whatever the cut-off date was and the rest of the first batch were sent by sea and therefore arrived later because it's a slower transport mode.  Obviously for the most poplar versions, the majority were brought over by air and the left overs that were in the sea container sold out quicker than the less popular versions simply because there were fewer of them in the sea container.

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Dungrange said:

Being pedantic, there was only one run.  The first 'half' of the batch were transported by air to those who had pre-ordered by whatever the cut-off date was and the rest of the first batch were sent by sea and therefore arrived later because it's a slower transport mode.  Obviously for the most poplar versions, the majority were brought over by air and the left overs that were in the sea container sold out quicker than the less popular versions simply because there were fewer of them in the sea container.

It really doesn’t matter if there was one batch or two, I still missed out and the question still stands, will there be another run at a later date?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, jools1959 said:

It really doesn’t matter if there was one batch or two, I still missed out and the question still stands, will there be another run at a later date?

Hi Jools,

We are certainly looking at another run and expect news on it in the coming months.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

On 01/05/2020 at 14:09, Ian_B said:

Fran,

are you going to make the LLS contains available as a separate item?

Ian_B

I’m hoping someone with the 3D printing skills might create some of the more interesting shapes boxes for the PFA’s. I think there is definitely a market for different nuclear loads. 

Failing that... fingers crossed for Accurascale going forwards.