PFA, by Accurascale 07/07/20 NEW RUN ANNOUNCED!

The Georgemas Jn traffic may be an exception (RA/gauging limits?), but I read somewhere that BNFl specify class 68/88 haulage for trunk nuclear traffic such as workings visiting Sellafield, Valley and Berkeley. As C6T said, the absolute worst case scenario is a stranded train, so the most reliable (most modern) traction they can specify, the better.

Jack.

• Informative/Useful 1

9 hours ago, tommyboy said:

Todays Carlisle to Georgemas Junction flask train top and tailed 66s with the new flask carriers flanked by PFAs

IMG_7317_(2).JPG

A nice short prototypical working for when I ever get round to building that short TMD depot I’ve had in my head for ages! :rolleyes:

*Breaking news*

Plans appear to be afoot to motorise the PFA fleet, as one has been sighted in DRS house colours at the Kingmoor open day.......

Bi-Shed

:jester:

In actual fact, it’s the engine cover from 66424, placed on convenient transport.

Jack.

• Like 2
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, Fitzer said:

Any update when these are landing?

Have a couple of restless DRS 37s and 68s looking for something new to haul around. :)

Hi Graham,

Production is still on going but they will be on the way to us in a few weeks time. A tad later than hoped but they'll be here before you know it!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

11 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Graham,

Production is still on going but they will be on the way to us in a few weeks time. A tad later than hoped but they'll be here before you know it!

Cheers!

Fran

The longer to wait, the longer to save!

Thats my thought!

Regards,

C.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Some new stock turned up on our layout for assessment. Looked fresh, new and very colourful!

Our PFAs are currently in production but require some fine tuning when it comes to decoration. We have relaid our findings to our factory, and with the alterations required we must revise delivery to the end of September. We know this slight delay is a pain, but we want them to be the best they can be.

They have proven very popular though and are selling fast, so dont miss out! Look out for some close up images in the coming days!

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 14

Looking good.

I'm sure you guys know better than me but were the Cawoods containers ever that bright yellow? I remember them as having more of an orange tint but that might just have been weathering as I cannot recall seeing them new.

• Like 1

A quick prototype question if you dont mind, where any of these used in coal traffic in the North West/West Yorkshire c1992/3, if so would they still be branded Cawoods?

25 minutes ago, JiLo said:

A quick prototype question if you dont mind, where any of these used in coal traffic in the North West/West Yorkshire c1992/3, if so would they still be branded Cawoods?

The destination was originally Elesmere Port and later changed to Seaforth, originally running as block trains from Lynemouth till closure and later Gascoigne Wood till closure! Other Yorkshire collieries loaded them. Routed via Heally Mills and Hebden Bridge.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, WILLIAM said:

Looking good.

I'm sure you guys know better than me but were the Cawoods containers ever that bright yellow? I remember them as having more of an orange tint but that might just have been weathering as I cannot recall seeing them new.

Hi William,

It's something we're assessing but as you can see below it could vary a lot in shade, depending on weathering etc as you say. Shades is something being relayed back to the factory, the gypsum blue for instance and Cawoods is being assessed. 

Express Export Coal.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JiLo said:

I can remember the cawoods liveried wagons passing Moorthorpe during the early 90s, always nice to see as an alternative to the procession of HAA MGR trains.

Hoping to be able to order some next week all being well.

Edited by royaloak
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi William,

It's something we're assessing but as you can see below it could vary a lot in shade, depending on weathering etc as you say. Shades is something being relayed back to the factory, the gypsum blue for instance and Cawoods is being assessed. 

Express Export Coal.

Cheers!

Fran

Thanks Fran. Don't envy you on having to make a shade decision based upon that photograph!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, Ruairidh Munro said:

The 1/2 height ISO ILW containers look very RED as well.  From my memory of doing inspections at Drigg 15 or so years ago, I recall the containers being more of a maroon colour.  Not quite EWS maroon but more so that Red.

Nuccon 1/2 hieght ISO containers

Flickr Photos

Correct, it’s getting toned down. The white gypsum container is pretty much the only one we’re happy with!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1