My anticipatory drooling has been fully justified.

Postie delivered the lovely LLNW set this avo.

They will make their public debut in Glasgow on Clyde MRCs slice of the WCML, Hallside

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Royal Mail delivered mine this morning, fantastic models, the amount of printed detail is fantastic. First thing I did, though, was to whip off the couplings and fit Roco close couplings just as I did with the HUO hoppers. Now buffer to buffer running.

Accurascale-PFA-02.jpg.1835d96fdd51a44d012d326adb9a364e.jpg

Only DRS loco available to hand was the DRS Cl.57:

Accurascale-PFA-03.jpg.640e60787cc599cc30bac32f3d875db1.jpg

One thing that did worry me was that when I picked up the outer box there was a lot of rattling and upon opening the box there were three loose Accurascale boxes and a very short length of scrunched-up paper that was allowing the individual boxes to jump around during transit:

Accurascale-PFA-01.jpg.2deff64f1771e7c82382d5e38176ba81.jpg

Luckily no damage was done to the contents but (like Modellbahnshop-Lippe in Germany do when they send me packages) I think the use of more scrunched-up paper to stop the contents jumping around in the outer box should be considered. Realise that the Accurascale packing is great  and certainly keeps the contents safe and sound but my feeling is that a little bit more scrunched-up paper surrounding the contents would be a worthwhile investment.

Just waiting now for my CPL containers to arrive from Rails.

Keith

• Thanks 2

Yippee. My despatch email arrived this afternoon. A full rake of yellows will soon be mine to remind me of a childhood overlooking the Calder Valley :-)

• Like 2

Fran - is there a way to check if the invoice has been paid ok, or will you be chasing people where payment is still due?

7 minutes ago, NaN said:

Fran - is there a way to check if the invoice has been paid ok, or will you be chasing people where payment is still due?

you should be able to check the status at your order status link or by logging into our website. 

if you've any trouble with either option do please contact us directly by email or chat or messenger or twitter DM or phone and we can assist!

12 minutes ago, McC said:

you should be able to check the status at your order status link or by logging into our website. 

if you've any trouble with either option do please contact us directly by email or chat or messenger or twitter DM or phone and we can assist!

Thanks. Tried that but it’s a) showing odd Order values, seemingly because of double applying VAT and b) is inconsistent on orders with deposits etc. Can’t see a way to see clearly what I’ve paid against each order £ total. Will email you now...

• Thanks 1

First order from Accurascale received, definitely won’t be the last though! These are fantastic detailed little wagons, really raised the standard bar! Just need a layout now!

Couple of questions Accurascale:

Is it correct that the container frames on the nuclear wagons are loose and not glued? 
In one pack I found a buffer assembly had popped out, it’s popped back in with very little effort no problem but should they be glued of just held with friction? 

Other than that brilliant little models and look forward to shunting them about. 

thanks

Ali

• Thanks 1

My DRS triple pack arrived safely today, fantastic models. What year were they first used on flask traffic does anyone know please?

IMG_5243.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Pegleg90 said:

First order from Accurascale received, definitely won’t be the last though! These are fantastic detailed little wagons, really raised the standard bar! Just need a layout now!

Couple of questions Accurascale:

Is it correct that the container frames on the nuclear wagons are loose and not glued? 
In one pack I found a buffer assembly had popped out, it’s popped back in with very little effort no problem but should they be glued of just held with friction? 

Other than that brilliant little models and look forward to shunting them about. 

thanks

Ali

Hi Ali,

Yes the frame is a removable separate part as per prototype. 

Buffers should be glued in with a small bit around the shank where it inserts into the frame. They may have missed that one.

Cheers!

Fran

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Ali,

Yes the frame is a removable separate part as per prototype. 

Buffers should be glued in with a small bit around the shank where it inserts into the frame. They may have missed that one.

Cheers!

Fran

Evening Fran, 

Thank you for that, never knew the frames were re-movable in real life! Learn something new everyday! 

Thanks

Ali

10 minutes ago, Pegleg90 said:

Evening Fran, 

Thank you for that, never knew the frames were re-movable in real life! Learn something new everyday! 

Thanks

Ali

The frames were added to enable standard flat bottom containers to be carried above the wheel splasher/mudguards

The coaltainers have recesses in the bottom to clear the mudguards.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

Just want to add my praises to accurascale.

I do have a soft spot for cute little 4-wheel wagons, and these are by far the cutest and most detailed ones in my possession !!!

well done lads.

Cheers,

Phil.

• Thanks 1

Just got my wagons today and thought that I would take a few down to the club tonight. The wagons not only look really good, but ran really well and negotiated all the point work that was given to them without any problems. Now, what about weathering them?!?

Cheers

Jeremy

20200106_213811.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Crikey, thought that was a picture of the real things! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Just been checking the voyage of my order on the Royal Mail website and found it has gone from Peterborough to Edinburgh but apparently it's on its way. Considering I live on the fylde coast it's probably gone past the turn off to come back again!

• Funny 2

30 minutes ago, Markwj said:

Just been checking the voyage of my order on the Royal Mail website and found it has gone from Peterborough to Edinburgh but apparently it's on its way. Considering I live on the fylde coast it's probably gone past the turn off to come back again!

Trunk hauls will go from distribution centre to distribution centre  for local delivery, its hardly a new concept, If I post a letter to next door it will go from Plymouth to Willesden and back again because (I think) all letter mail is sent there for centralised sorting, its more economical than having several smaller centres around the Country.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

I too took delivery of my DRS triple pack yesterday morning.

Hats off to all the team at Accurascale, these are another absolutely tremendous product.

Great work!!

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

One pack arrived today via Royal Mail. My first Accurascale model, Excellent ....very pleased so well detailed and ran very well, the colour of the containers is bang on. Can't wait for my other three packs to arrive.

Jez

Well done Fran and team!!

IMG_2123.JPG

IMG_2118.JPG

IMG_2122.JPG

Edited by Mr Pix
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 3

Congratulations on a superb wagon! My three DRS examples do not disappoint in any respect.

In anticipation of their arrival I started on an approximation of a full-height LLW container.

49347506471_1badaef2e3_k.jpgAccurascale PFA by Ed, on Flickr

Ed

• Like 5

Beautiful wagons. May have to resurrect my power station  layout!

a008.JPG

a010.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just took delivery of my Cawood's packs today .

Cracking looking model.

Haven't  run them yet but was toying with the idea of fitting removable loads but the rail around the top looks to be a bit of an obstacle.

They seem to be glued on and look quite fragile and am afraid of trying to remove.

Baz

• Thanks 1

Ok I've received the email now for my PFA DRS Bundle thus now awaiting delivery.

Have stopped crying, checked out of rehab and close family members have gone back to their lives after much comforting support to get me thru this difficult time...why do I do this to myself :O

3 hours ago, bazil31 said:

Just took delivery of my Cawood's packs today .

Cracking looking model.

Haven't  run them yet but was toying with the idea of fitting removable loads but the rail around the top looks to be a bit of an obstacle.

They seem to be glued on and look quite fragile and am afraid of trying to remove.

Baz

Hi Baz,

They are attached with the lightest dab of glue and are mainly push to fit, they are designed to be carefully removed should you wish to install a load.

3 hours ago, classy52 said:

Ok I've received the email now for my PFA DRS Bundle thus now awaiting delivery.

Have stopped crying, checked out of rehab and close family members have gone back to their lives after much comforting support to get me thru this difficult time...why do I do this to myself :O

its only just begining... it took 3 attempts including a power cut before the family could drag me away from the cemflos.

• Funny 2