PFA, by Accurascale 07/07/20 NEW RUN ANNOUNCED!

Just ordered a Cawoods bundle to go with the 6 already received.  These are fantastic wagons!

They ran in Cornwall on a short term flow to Falmouth in July 1997.  These will look ‘ansum behind my St Blazey tractors.

Edited by mevaman1
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Wow, some lovely rakes there! The Cawoods for us was an iconic freight train from the sectorisation period onwards, with little else like it on the rails. We just had to do it, especially when we saw all the other loads possible, they offer such a diverse range!

These are now on general sale on our website and selling fast!

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 1

Ok jokes aside I have just received my first product(s) from Accurascale today, yes the PFA DRS Bundle.

Here's my thoughts;

1. Classy & very well put together packaging...top notch

2. Gorgeous wagons...scrumptious detailing

3. What else can i say...but thank you!

Keep churning out product like this and I will always come back, there is a reason why I currently have 5 loco's with sound & KUA's on pre-order and later the JSA's as well...keep up the great work.

Cheers

Steve

Edited by classy52
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ll just echo what has already been said. Absolutely superb. Just requires about 6 more to look a decent rake. Already looking forward to run number 2 with different numbers! Nudge nudge,  wink wink Fran & Co. 

Edited by 66738
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Mine just arrived, and I am very happy!

Gorgeous packaging (tho in this environmentally friendly world, is the plastic bag and plastic sleve around the sumptuous cardboard box really necessary?) for a gorgeous product. I look forward to watching them trundle around some track!

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Tugs said:

Mine just arrived, and I am very happy!

Gorgeous packaging (tho in this environmentally friendly world, is the plastic bag and plastic sleve around the sumptuous cardboard box really necessary?) for a gorgeous product. I look forward to watching them trundle around some track!

Hi Tugs,

Many thanks for the message.

We're trying to work out why the factory put the plastic bag round each pack. We certainly didnt request it!

Many thanks,

Fran

• Informative/Useful 2

Figured as much. There is certainly an irony to me complaining about plastic use on my predomanently plastic purchases!

Packaging aside, both the product and the service are truly truly outstanding. Makes me very excited for the additional items I have on pre-order, and all potential future Accurascale products!

Accurascale have knocked it clean out of the grounds for 6 again!

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Tugs,

Many thanks for the message.

We're trying to work out why the factory put the plastic bag round each pack. We certainly didnt request it!

Many thanks,

Fran

I guess it must be showing that the box hasn't been opened? TBH in this day and age I think both the plastic bag and sleeve aren't needed and you'll have no complaints from me if you decide to save some money and not include either on future releases.

A fantastic wagon - I've previously kit built a few in the past and the kit is so inferior to this release! I'm just playing with one now working out the best way to convert to EM. Many thanks for producing such an excellent wagon.

cheers

Will

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Just collected mine from the Post Office. I agree with everyone else, they are stunning wagons. I particularly like the way the packaging gives enough space to replace the tension lock coupling with a kadee without having to chop holes in it.

My first Accurascale purchase and it will not be my last. Indeed I could be tempted with some TOPS HUOs.

Just a thought, when ordering some of the wagon types you have to choose eg pack G, H, I or J.  For someone like me who is only going to buy one pack, it doesn’t matter which pack I have, so it might help other modellers get the pack of their choice  if I had the option of just getting the pack with the most stocks remaining.

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, ColinK said:

Just collected mine from the Post Office. I agree with everyone else, they are stunning wagons. I particularly like the way the packaging gives enough space to replace the tension lock coupling with a kadee without having to chop holes in it.

My first Accurascale purchase and it will not be my last. Indeed I could be tempted with some TOPS HUOs.

Just a thought, when ordering some of the wagon types you have to choose eg pack G, H, I or J.  For someone like me who is only going to buy one pack, it doesn’t matter which pack I have, so it might help other modellers get the pack of their choice  if I had the option of just getting the pack with the most stocks remaining.

Hi Colin,

Many thanks for the suggestion. We do list the number of stock remaining on the website when they start to run low, but if you wish to be conscious of that we can recommend that the lowest letter of each type always sells out first! 

Cheers!

Fran

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Mine got delivered from their cross country tour the other day. I have the drs packs and am seriously impressed with the little Wagons and ideal for an authentic short train. Looking at the quality of these and the cement Wagons I am really looking forward to the Deltic.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

On 08/01/2020 at 21:54, Dungrange said:

I note that no-one has posted pictures of the British Fuels version.  Were they not very popular?  Everyone has just posted Cawoods yellow and the DRS version.

Anyway, I've just received an e-mail saying that mine have been dispatched, so I should have them by the weekend and I'll see what the British Fuels version looks like.

Not sure if you’ve got yours yet Dungrange but you won’t be disappointed 

seriously good wagon again from the Accurascale crew. I’m struggling to find anything wrong with them which I guess is testament to the ethos of only producing something once it’s pretty much a true representation in 1:76...... bodes well for all the upcoming projects too.

03A49876-32DD-42E4-B7D6-786EE06E222F.jpeg

3BD9495C-F9AB-49F4-9681-6BCA833A6E6A.jpeg

FCDE1455-CA36-4438-902E-99F6FEB4064A.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hi Fran and fellow RMWebbers,

So, it occurred to me the other evening when browsing this thread, that I have a personal history working with the Gypsum variant of these PFA wagons.

In my 'formulative years' as a member of Trainload Freight Train Crew as it was then, I used to work to and from Mountfield Gypsum Works in East Sussex on a regular basis and I can tell you, it was always an amazing day at work! I cant remember the exact formation of the Class 60 hauled trains but they varied between rakes of PFA wagons or bogie Freightliner type wagons. The run 'down' was immense fun as the brake went in hard to get hold of the train for the crawl through Tonbridge, but, once we were up to the top of the climb at Tunbridge Wells, it was time to roll the rest of the way!!!

THE TOP SPEED OF THE CLASS 60 IS 62.5MPH BUT WAS OFTEN ROLLED 'OFF THE CLOCK' PAST TUNBRIDGE WELLS!!! IN THE DAYS BEFORE OTMR ETC...

The journey was a silent one in the cab, except for the clink of the spoons in our cups, and on arrival at Mountfield exchange sidings, we would run round the train for the climb up the internal gypsum works branch line. The Loadhaul liveried brake van would be attached at this point for the later reversal off the branch before departure. On one occasion, a 'stowaway' had jumped in the back cab of the Loco. at Doncaster the previous evening and appeared to a bleary eyed Train Crew during this run round move!

Sometimes, due to railhead conditions or maybe Loco. performance, the train would be split or it just wouldn't make it up the branch at all, but I don't recall seeing this in person. I seem to remember a Kalmar type reach stacker would do the honours during our yard time, when I would either leg it to the works cafe or cook a fry up on the Loco. for those present!

My own memories are a little old now, although I do possess photo's to back them up, taken by a sadly now deceased colleague. I certainly  remember travelling through some of the most amazing scenery at daft o'clock in the morning on these turns, with some of the most interesting fellow crew members.

How nice then, that I can now recreate those memories in model form with the highest quality of models now available, from Accurascale, and at the same time, I can now put my Class 60 fleet to the use for which they were originally intended, hauling 'proper' trains! Technically, I suppose I can run them at silly speeds too as that is actually, fully prototypical !

I'd love to know the actual formations of the trains I used to work, but as usual, I never took any notice...so, have just ordered two bulk packs of Gypsum variant PFA's to get started with as my first order from Accurascale...I cant wait to see these when they arrive !

All the best,

Kindest Regards,

Shed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Well that didn't take long...if anyone missed out on the PFA DRS Pack N (now sold out) someone has already listed them on the most well known auction site with a bit of mark up (probably to cover fees) but not excessive, thus you can still make up a full pack as Pack O & Pack P are still available from Accurascale.

Nothing to do with me or anyone I know, was just browsing thus thought I would just mention it here as it may help someone out.

Edited by classy52

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, classy52 said:

Well that didn't take long...if anyone missed out on the PFA DRS Pack N (now sold out) someone has already listed them on the most well known auction site with a bit of mark up (probably to cover fees) but not excessive,

Just wait until the regular buy to sell lot turn up in a couple of weeks.