From memory this was a short lived flow to Kirkby Thore of Spanish Gypsum but soon went over to road haulage! This was pre Desupo' Gypsum from Drax and other power stations.

Lafarge built a plasterboard plant at Ferrybridge fed directly from the Power Station and now receives it by rail!

Currently Gypsum is being imported at Tees Dock  and moved in MBAs by DB with other from Dawson's at Middlesbrough Goods in British Gypsum containers on Low Liners by GBRf.

Mark Saunders

• Like 1

Gypsum has still come in occasionally to Workington for Kirby Thore but goes by road now.

• Like 1

Next PFA release?

Often used to see two or three of these Omya tanks on the Doncaster to Mossend Enterprise.

Screenshot_20200117-150234.png

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Mark Saunders said:

From memory this was a short lived flow to Kirkby Thore of Spanish Gypsum but soon went over to road haulage! This was pre Desupo' Gypsum from Drax and other power stations.

Lafarge built a plasterboard plant at Ferrybridge fed directly from the Power Station and now receives it by rail!

Currently Gypsum is being imported at Tees Dock  and moved in MBAs by DB with other from Dawson's at Middlesbrough Goods in British Gypsum containers on Low Liners by GBRf.

Mark Saunders

Also this:

There is a 4-5 times per week Fidlers Ferry-Kirby Thore using GBRF blue JNAs with the odd grey and blue VTG boxes. (Sorry to hijack the thread!)

66788 Waitby 6C59 (1DX_6947P)

• Like 2

On 13/01/2020 at 21:20, johndon said:

You might want to try a bearing drill like the one here from Knowle Model Works:

I've used it on a few wagons now where things have been a bit tight for 26mm axles with P4 wheels.

John

An excellent bit of kit.

Reproduced courtesy of Brian Aston of this parish.

In 1996 the local St Blazey management arranged to deliver a years supply of coal to a local Cornish Coal Merchant when he stocked up during the Summer.

So in July a number of trains were booked from Swansea to Falmouth Docks for transshipment to lorry for the final 8 miles to Carnkie.

Each portion left St Blazey or Burngullow to arrive onto the branch after the last train (which in those days was around 2100.

So night after night I trekked out to Coombe St Stephen Viaduct hoping that the Single line was snarled up with late running trains and that the train would appear before the sun went down.

Managed on the last night it ran.(Wont mention the other time when it ran early and still strolling across the fields).

0BC67D5F-1634-42D5-8799-B7DECD786842.jpeg

FC6ACDCB-9FCC-48EE-8A7E-AD41968FAAB6.jpeg

3B8FDB01-44B8-438E-BB6F-D38C283E256D.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

Some more photos and text from my friend Brian Aston:

Another of the Coal trains in July 1996 ran double headed to the Docks so that after the first shunt had been completed one loco could be left at Falmouth for the Publicity photos the next day.

0803CC4D-6EAE-471B-B560-BDD727055D7E.jpeg

FD393AA4-24B9-4AC7-885D-0956BD35D815.jpeg

49DA8050-8137-4661-BA97-3F48AAB2554B.jpeg

• Like 5

Here's a shot at Gascoigne Wood.

IMG_2168.PNG

Edited by Mr Pix
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 10:34, Accurascale Fran said:

How about a video? 

Thank you to everyone for your very kind comments on the PFAs. We're delighted they have gone down so well with you all. 

We do indeed have more stock of all packs on the way to us aboard MSC Febe! In the case of the gypsums though we did not make a huge amount of packs as pre orders were quite low, but once they arrived they've flown out the door, so if you want them it's advised to grab them quick, via ourselves when they arrive in stock or via our retailers. 

We put our heart and soul into our models, and as a result the odd delay does occur (we're probably too picky at times) but we feel we must make the result worth it. Lots more new stuff to come, some as yet unannounced!

Cheers!

Fran

MSC FEBE due to dock in Rotterdam on January 23rd. Currently underway doing 18 knots. Roll on Feb when  can get my hands on Pack N. :)

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

What we need now is someone to do a transfer pack of alternative wagon numbers.

Do you know what made me realise that was a model?

The numbering on the locomotive!!

The close-up realism is that good - excellent job there!

Al.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

That is some seriously amazingly good weathering on those Cawoods.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

I’ve just remembered something else about when I used to work on the maintainance of these at seaforth, if we ever had to knock a wagon out of the rake we would uncouple it from the rest of the train, get the driver to put a couple of ft either side of the wagon then put straps round the buffers and get the driver of the container unloading machine to lift the wagon clear of the train with the straps round his lifting frame!

couldnt get away with that now

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

Hi All,

Thought I would share an image here of my recently purchased superb PFA's.

Thank you Accurascale.

They just need need a touch of weathering.

IMG_3090.PNG

Edited by CB Rail
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Nuclear half heights seem to be sold out everywhere, should have pre-ordered!

Maybe just have to accept the marked up eBay listings...

They look great as well!

6 minutes ago, Richy59 said:

Nuclear half heights seem to be sold out everywhere, should have pre-ordered!

Maybe just have to accept the marked up eBay listings...

They look great as well!

A sea borne consignment lands early next week. Not very much unsold but there should be some available online or via our retail partners in the coming weeks. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, McC said:

A sea borne consignment lands early next week. Not very much unsold but there should be some available online or via our retail partners in the coming weeks. 

Alright, thanks! Wasn't aware of this so I'll keep an eye out on your website or via the stockists I've seen. I see Accurascale will be at Model Rail Scotland, is this a trade/advertisement stand rather than a retailing one like last year?

Thanks again!

Edited by Richy59
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Richy59 said:

Alright, thanks! Wasn't aware of this so I'll keep an eye out on your website or via the stockists I've seen. I see Accurascale will be at Model Rail Scotland, is this a trade/advertisement stand rather than a retailing one like last year?

Thanks again!

Hi there,

It is just a trade publicity stand rather then retail. Several retailers at the show will be selling our stuff though!

Cheers!

Fran

On 16/01/2020 at 10:34, Accurascale Fran said:

We do indeed have more stock of all packs on the way to us aboard MSC Febe!

Thought I’d heard the name, saw this in my YT feed...

I’m not a ship spotter but clearly following this channel had its use!

Jack.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

That's one of the biggest and newest on the seas .... nice choice - if you had one!

Just imagine how many Deltics are on that!!  :o

OK, too soon ... loads of capacity nevertheless.

Al.

One container's enough for a year's worth of UK model railways, and each row has at least 250 x 40' containers ... that's a lot!!

1 hour ago, Jack374 said:

Thought I’d heard the name, saw this in my YT feed...

I’m not a ship spotter but clearly following this channel had its use!

Jack.

our container is the 15th down, 3rd across! 

• Funny 3

8 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

our container is the 15th down, 3rd across! 

Underneath the Bachmann one that is full of late promises :jester:

Edited by 25901
  • Funny 4