Midland Freemo Meeting Oct 12-13 2019

Here’s the current proposed plan for the Midland Belt meeting in October being held at Armitage Village Hall

Operationally, it won’t be much different to what we currently do, with trains starting away from the main yards and working their way back in, before returning with the outbound cars. Doing it this way allows seven trains to start working right from the start.

If you are, interested heres the operating plan.

Planned trains starting away from Trent

L1-Blind River Job. - has couple extra industry of extra industries at Kipling. 
L2-Fairhope Job. - this module has been moved and now hangs off the main line (bottom right) a shoving caboose might be needed for the return train. 
L3-Cardwell Job. - this job will now probably have to be slit into two trains. One servicing the industries at Cardwell Junction, Hammerford interchange, and the new industrial park module. 
NEW L3A-North Brook Job - this will switch the industries at Sullivan Scrap, North Brook and Alpha before joining up with train L3 and heading together as one super train to Trent. 
L4-Dunn Papers. - no change

Trains starting from Trent 
L5-Main line - extra work, calling at Badger Cement. 
L6-Cement train - this may now run to Portland via Trent, as a bulk through train. 
New L7 Trent-Portland.

I’ve still got to work out how trains for Nucor are worked. 
NEW L8- Nucor turn. This may well run to Portland instead of Trent to reduce the pressure on Trent. It also serves Jonesville. 
NEW Z1-Nucor internal switch job.

Trent Yard switcher - no change 
But have to make up the following trains. 
T1 - Main Line to Armstrong and back. 
T2- Cars for Blind River
T3- Cars for Fairhope 
T4- Cars for Cardwell & North Brook
T5- Cars for Dunn Papers 
T6- Cars for Portland

New Portland Yard switcher - 
Has to make up the following trains. 
P1- Cars for Trent 
P2- Cars for Nucor 
P3- Cars for Cement Train

Passenger trains - There are passengers depots at River Falls, Armstrong, North Brook and Portland. I suggest we run a push-up service from River Falls to Armstrong where the train spits, with one train going to Portland and the other to North Brook. 
A tourist train comprising of a couple of preserved RDC’s could run from Ashland to Wallingford via Armstrong.

Dispatcher will definitely need to be a two man job and the Traffic manager will have to be full time as well.

That should keep us busy.

This is all subject to change.

IMG_0403.JPG

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hoping I may be able to make this one.

Last year, I found out the day after- and I was only about 5 miles away............

EDIT:

B*gger - same weekend as GETS at Milton Keynes - there goes that weekend then!

Cheers,

MIck

Edited by newbryford

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 29/03/2019 at 02:14, cooley_boy said:

Is this something visitors can view?

I will be travelling from Australia to the UK in that time. Would be really cool to see this in operation.

Regards

Rand

We usually welcome people if they join in with the same contribution as those bringing modules or locos do, pm Chris to see what the arrangements are this year. :) 

• Like 1