Mason Street (Goods) BR Blue.

Andrew P

40 minutes ago, KNP said:

Another adventure begins....

One looses track.....or train of thought, but never run out of steam.....following all these builds.

Are you by any chance trying to get in the Guinness Book of Records for building as many layouts as you can in a year? 

Very nice to see you return to a proper scale that I understand!

Haha, Like you with your Trees Kevin, you grow them for your Layout, and I cut them down and turn them into sawdust and baseboards, haha.:sarcastichand:

• Funny 3

Off to Binny's tonight for a Track Planning Meeting in his new Log Cabin, there's only me, John B, John M, and Mark O. I could come home with some new ideas for those two spare boards under the shelf.

And in other news, the Sound fitted Rat arrived today, and I'm collecting the Duff and some Parcels Stock tonight. To be fair, it's the SAME stuff I sold to John B when I sold Kings Moreton, so it's only coming home to Daddy, haha.:laugh:

• Funny 1

19 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Off to Binny's tonight for a Track Planning Meeting in his new Log Cabin, there's only me, John B, John M, and Mark O. I could come home with some new ideas for those two spare boards under the shelf.

And in other news, the Sound fitted Rat arrived today, and I'm collecting the Duff and some Parcels Stock tonight. To be fair, it's the SAME stuff I sold to John B when I sold Kings Moreton, so it's only coming home to Daddy, haha.:laugh:

It's good you have a group of friends who understand when they buy something off you that most likely you will buy it back later.

I won't ask if you deduct for wear and tear on your buy back price :jester:

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

34 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

It's good you have a group of friends who understand when they buy something off you that most likely you will buy it back later.

I won't ask if you deduct for wear and tear on your buy back price :jester:

Hadn't thought about the wear and tear, even though they have just sat in the box, haha, plus travelling time, handling fee etc.:good:

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Hi Andy, John , John, Jeff and Mark

Why not just swap houses every couple of months, new layout and stock. It will take a year to get back to your starting point and in that time you would have forgotten what the first layout looked like. :scenic:

• Like 5
  • Funny 4

On 25/03/2019 at 19:12, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Andy, John , John, Jeff and Mark

Why not just swap houses every couple of months, new layout and stock. It will take a year to get back to your starting point and in that time you would have forgotten what the first layout looked like. :scenic:

At Solicitors rates for conveyancing, I still recon it's cheaper to keep loosing money on re purchases, haha.

TBH I ain't done to bad this year so far, and I think I might even be UP a bob or two. 

• Like 1

On 26/03/2019 at 07:41, andyram said:

I just can’t keep up!

On 26/03/2019 at 13:21, gismorail said:

I to am confused must be a Derbyshire thing

21 hours ago, PeterBB said:

More than half of those mentioned live in Staffordshire …

Keeping up is the easy bit guys, it's knowing what's happening that confuses the whatsits out of me.:laugh:

• Funny 3

Today I have reverted back to the original size of 10ft. The reason is that I can sit on my stool / high chair at the control panel and work the Fiddle Yard at the same time, as I used to do with Loch Leven and Glen Roy..

There are a couple of small changes, one is an extra Point so that there is now an Arrivals Road and a Departure Road, so the Shunter can make up a Train ready to depart as a new one arrives.

The other change is a short spur from under the Road Bridge for the Shunter or stock plus it will act as the programming Track through a Two Way Switch.

549574938_TrackPlan.png.c68af9c595fa47dd6a430b4d5c6ec38a.png

Edited by Andrew P
correct bad spelling
  • Like 5

And some stock on to see how it will look.

You will have to imagine the Warehouses along the back.

The 47 sits in the Arrivals Road waiting for the Shunter to remove the Parcels Stock.

IMG_7114.JPG.af9cf880cd8c09ede06bd1ba9aa59dae.JPG

IMG_7115.JPG.7ff041c44f0027793a575b186046f8bf.JPG

IMG_7116.JPG.43b38a3c3d68712ccb334b0a8872fa41.JPG

IMG_7117.JPG.9a857906a4dac0a66be27e76bd236972.JPG

• Like 17

27 minutes ago, Mulgabill said:

Hi Andy

Picking up on recent comments read on your other topics, isn't this a little "straight"? Can't you put

the AP twist into the plan?

Have also pm'd you re buildings etc

All the best

TONY

Hi Tony, I've replied to your PM mate.

And yes, it is very strait, but with the narrow boards there wasn't much choice, beside it will make a nice change from going around the bend. 

I have managed to get a couple of reverse curves, and the two long points leading to the Arrival and Departure Sidings have been curved for a better flow.

• Like 2

OMG now track has been laid ...well for now anyway .....if I were a gambling man I'm not sure what to put my money on .....

1...completed by Easter 

2...passenger facility to be added

3...change in scale ...N gauge or 0 gauge

4...kettles to be added

5...sold before Bala Town

6...exhibited within the year

7,,, sold and bought back by this time next year.

I think to get a possible outcome we'll put these options before the house of commons ...and let the MP's decide. 

Hat coat ....sharp exit :jester: :jester:

On a more serious note i like the plan Andy but will let you decide the best outcome but what ever you do it'll be good :fan:

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

3 minutes ago, gismorail said:

OMG now track has been laid ...well for now anyway .....if I were a gambling man I'm not sure what to put my money on .....

1...completed by Easter 

2...passenger facility to be added

3...change in scale ...N gauge or 0 gauge

4...kettles to be added

5...sold before Bala Town

6...exhibited within the year

7,,, sold and bought back by this time next year.

I think to get a possible outcome we'll put these options before the house of commons ...and let the MP's decide. 

Hat coat ....sharp exit :jester: :jester:

On a more serious note i like the plan Andy but will let you decide the best outcome but what ever you do it'll be good :fan:

No 1...The NO's have it.

No 2...The No's have it.

No 3...The No's have it.

No 4...The No's have it.

No 5...The No's have it.

No 6...The No's have it.

No 7... The No's have it.

Short list on Monday, if not Sold tomorrow.:laugh::scenic:

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

Whilst visiting George T  in Hazel Grove today we visited the Model Shop in Poynton Garden Centre, and amongst other bits and pieces I managed to pick up a 20 with Sound, so really pleased with that, and some bits to do some Scenics soon.

Jobs for next week include wiring the Track and the Point Motors into the Panel.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

I have been overseas since mid-March (cycling in the Alentejo region of Portugal is highly recommended) and Mr P is already three pages into a new topic!

True to form I see there is a slightly modified plan already - I anticipate a few more.

Three (3) layouts on the go and two (2) different scales - all at the same time!  I bet in your younger days you were the guy at the circus who rode a motorcycle blindfolded on a tightrope over a cage of lions with a pretty young girl doing a hand stand on your shoulders.

You never fail to impress!

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 1