Mason Street (Goods) BR Blue.

Andrew P

5 minutes ago, MartynJPearson said:

Another layout that will be conceived, built, admired, tweaked, admired again and finally sold all in the time it takes me to lay a yard of track :)

Love the concept Andy, will definitely follow and after watching Kings Moreton, I know it will be good!

Thanks Martyn, very kind of you, but it won't be that quick with other things to do, haha.

Looks good Andy, I am about 3 working days away from finishing my new layout so that means finished about July time?

Just like you i have 3 plans in my head N/OO/O gauges but the N i think would be build and all sold so not sure what to do? Two plans really are bugging me so i might have to make room which means selling my old Wellington Road layout.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Hugh Flynn said:

Looks good Andy, I am about 3 working days away from finishing my new layout so that means finished about July time?

Just like you i have 3 plans in my head N/OO/O gauges but the N i think would be build and all sold so not sure what to do? Two plans really are bugging me so i might have to make room which means selling my old Wellington Road layout.

Hi Hugh, I did my ''N'' Gauge Glenfinick after doing my ''O'' Gauge St Budoc and really struggled with size and scales, so I think I'll just stick with ''O'' and ''OO'' for now at least.

In the same 6ft length as Mason Street, here is Glenfinick, it's still in use by a couple of mates from our Club.

1339447275_GlenfinickJune2013132.JPG.dc6cd90dad292ee23b5b705b1c3eaca4.JPG

403714392_GlenfinickJune2013110.JPG.889a14cadbe4f2a10e85f9f8fd84d91c.JPG

NOTE = I painted the Backscene.

Edited by Andrew P
add?
  • Like 18
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

13 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Why not use a 6" space in front of the fiddle yard for a warehouse loading platform ?..or something similar to hide the fiddle yard, just a thought...

Do you mean instead of the Road Bridge George?

1 minute ago, sb67 said:

Nice idea Andy, I like the look of the layout you saw as well. I've got a board 6ft x 10inches and I'm wondering what I could put on there in 4mm, got me thinking.

steve.

West Shed was only 6ft x 1ft.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, georgeT said:

No you can still have the bridge but access the warehouse under it on the last track

It must because it's late, but I don't get what you mean mate. confused of Swad.

6 minutes ago, georgeT said:

No you can still have the bridge but access the warehouse under it on the last track

3 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

It must because it's late, but I don't get what you mean mate. confused of Swad.

Do you mean this?

1316820987_TrackPlan-Copy.png.4a5bc2b155a27f5a3d8e9c8950bd8407.png

If so, that is a loading Dock in beige and Blue, alongside the other track.

The two Tracks are for Wagons, Parcels, Loco Stabling etc.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

11 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Do you mean instead of the Road Bridge George?

SORRY Mate, l was half asleep and have only just realised that you are going for  swivelling fiddle yard which is a very different way for you to go this time, must say it does seem a better way to go....

• Friendly/supportive 1

9 hours ago, westerner said:

I'm sorry Andy I'm finding it difficult to keep up with you. In the length of time it is taking me to build a Parkside O gauge GWR Brake Van you have appeared to have built a new OO gauge layout. I don't know how you do it.

Thanks Alan, No it's NOT built yet mate, just the two Baseboards so far, although I do have the Points and Track ready to make a start over the coming weeks, so don't panic, you WILL build the Parkside kit before I build Mason Street, haha.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, georgeT said:

SORRY Mate, l was half asleep and have only just realised that you are going for  swivelling fiddle yard which is a very different way for you to go this time, must say it does seem a better way to go....

I see where you were thinking of now, yes it will be a swivelling Sector Fiddle Yard the same as Bala Town and Seven Mills Sidings, it always works well for me.

• Like 1

Hello Andy,

I am impressed with how you can switch from 7mm to 4mm modelling so readily. I find if I switch from one scale to another I have to refocus my mind which takes ages - probably because I am a bit slow!

I will be sorry to see Bala Town move on. Around that bridge at the end so captures the feel of many country lines in Wales, Hereford, Worcs, Gloucs and Oxfordshire. I half expect a Grange (or rather a Manor in Wales)  to come blasting out. Lovely.

Ian.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ian Major said:

Hello Andy,

I am impressed with how you can switch from 7mm to 4mm modelling so readily. I find if I switch from one scale to another I have to refocus my mind which takes ages - probably because I am a bit slow!

I will be sorry to see Bala Town move on. Around that bridge at the end so captures the feel of many country lines in Wales, Hereford, Worcs, Gloucs and Oxfordshire. I half expect a Grange (or rather a Manor in Wales)  to come blasting out. Lovely.

Ian.

Thanks Ian, I hope it finds a good home once I advertise it. Cheers for the nice comments, and more pics coming up on BT very soon.

Edited by Andrew P
add an S
  • Like 1