Looking back at DMUs II The Outside Contractors

Strathwood

• RMweb Gold

Looking back at DMUs II The Outside Contractors

The last volume in this highly collectable series deals with the British Railways 1st generation DMU & Railbus fleets supplied by the outside contractors including:

A.C. Cars, A.E.C., B.R.C.W., Bristol E.C.W., British United Traction, Cravens,

Gloucester Railway Carriage & Wagon Co., Metropolitan-Cammell,

Park Royal Vehicles Ltd., Pressed Steel,

and D. Wickham & Co. Ltd.

Dealing with each of their designs in turn we look at a number of differences, workings and the wide variety of liveries they have carried from introduction in the 1950s through to the 1990s with an emphasis upon the first three decades.

Fans of the Blue Pullmans can feast upon a wide selection of previously unseen views.

Throughout the 120 pages we have selected the very best colour photographs available to bring back the heyday of the DMU fleet.

Once again a limited print run of just 1000 copies so to avoid disappointment do not delay making your order.

HARDBACK 120 pages full colour

DMU_2_COVER_FOR_ADS.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just a heads up after a few folk gave me a hard time as they missed out on copies of Diesels& Electrics to the Scrapyards, and Looking back at Shunters I & II as these were also shorter run publications, suggesting I did not give fair warning. Well this is to let you know the six latest titles on LMR Engine Sheds and DMUs have already sold half their print runs in their first fourteen days. So there we are, this will be the case of shorter print runs on all future titles, speaking of which the Eastern & North Eastern region's sheds will get the treatment next.

Kevin

Edited by Strathwood

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just a heads up, that's 900 of the 1000 copies of each of the two DMU books now sold. The answer will be the same as for those who have already been asking will I be reprinting the Shunter's books or Diesels & Electrics to the Scrapyards? No! Instead resources going to Sixties Diesels & Electric Days Remembered VI which is in the next batch of books back from the printers.

Kevin

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

That's us down to less than fifty copies of both Looking back at DMUs volumes I and II in our warehouse, this same stock take has also revealed we have one damaged copy each of Looking back at Shunters I & II also one copy each only of Large Logo Salute and Looking back at Stanier Locomotives also slightly damaged. Get in touch if you are interested.

Kevin

Edited by Strathwood

• RMweb Gold

Down to just 7 copies of Looking back at DMUs II and less than 20 copies of Looking back at DMUs I, don't complain if you miss out by waiting for bargains. Most of the usual retailers will have copies for short while longer too, so if you want to see before you buy as it seems from reading on other threads many of you do, then check them out at a model railway exhibition near you very soon.

Kevin

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Thanks for the kind remarks, just one copy of each left now.

Focusing on a few more Sixties & Seventies Diesel & Electric  Days Remembered books for later in the year.

As a tease will be releasing a book on the Woodhead electrics very soon, too.

Kevin